Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Construction Engineering and Management graduate certificate is a 15 credit hour program designed for working professionals seeking a non-traditional graduate degree program. This program gives students the opportunity to take advanced coursework, earn a graduate certificate, and potentially pursue another 15 credit hours beyond the certificate to complete the Master of Engineering Management (MEM) degree with specialization in Construction Engineering and Management (CEMT).
The Construction Engineering and Management graduate certificate program provides students with the opportunity to explore the field of construction beyond the bachelor’s degree including 2 advanced engineering management courses and 3 advanced courses in the area(s) of their choice based on previous experience, education, academic and professional goals.
Advanced course topics include heavy/highway construction, materials design, Building Information Modeling (BIM), project administration, project management, design/build, sustainable construction, leadership and strategic planning for construction, productivity and human factors, codes and specialty permitting, and construction site safety.
Courses and More
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status