Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Financial and Housing Counseling Certificate Program enhances an already existing Master's degree in Family Financial Planning by specifically addressing the needs of the Military Advancement Academic Program (MAAP), a program of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Alliance (GP-IDEA) that focuses on career needs of Military Personnel and Military Spouses.
The Certificate provides an educational background that can be an initial step toward Accredited Financial Counseling (AFC) or Certified Housing Counselor (CHC) designations through the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE).
Courses and More
- Course Requirements for this Cert are in the Catalog.
- All courses are completed online through Great Plains IDEA, a consortium of 20 universities offering courses and programs in the Human Sciences and Agricultural disciplines.
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status