Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Floriculture and Nursery Production Management graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program designed for nursery, greenhouse and garden center professionals; extension agents involved in horticulture-related programs; and K-12 science teachers. The program offers a selection of courses focusing on floral and nursery crop production, including business management. Core courses provide a solid science background, enabling the student to gain a greater understanding of how ornamental and floral plants grow. This basic knowledge is then interwoven with practical cultural and production methods.
Courses and More
- Course Requirements for this Cert are in the Catalog.
- All courses are completed online through Great Plains IDEA, a consortium of 20 universities offering courses and programs in the Human Sciences and Agricultural disciplines.
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
2. Required by the department
After you apply, allow one business day for us to set up your access so you can complete these requirements via MyRED.