Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Floriculture and Nursery Production Management graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program designed for nursery, greenhouse and garden center professionals; extension agents involved in horticulture-related programs; and K-12 science teachers. The program offers a selection of courses focusing on floral and nursery crop production, including business management. Core courses provide a solid science background, enabling the student to gain a greater understanding of how ornamental and floral plants grow. This basic knowledge is then interwoven with practical cultural and production methods.
Courses and More
- Course Requirements for this Cert are in the Catalog.
- All courses are completed online through Great Plains IDEA, a consortium of 20 universities offering courses and programs in the Human Sciences and Agricultural disciplines.
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status