Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Public Relations and Social Media certificate is professional graduate education that will enhance your understanding of current practices on new communications platforms. The four-course certificate is offered entirely online.
This certificate is designed to fit your lifestyle, so you can grow your skills in social media without disrupting the rest of your life. Classes provide learning that will help you advance your career, make you more valuable in your workplace, keep you current with changing technology and fill gaps in your professional communications knowledge.
This 12-credit-hour certificate can apply toward the complete 36-hour master's degree, the Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communications with a specialization in Integrated Media Communications.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status