Graduate Certificate Program Summary
Are you interested in teaching English as a second language to children and adults internationally or within your own community? Apply to the graduate certificate program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) to learn instructional strategies for teaching English, deepen your knowledge of how languages are acquired, explore English linguistics, develop a professional identity as a language teacher, and engage in conversations around important issues in TESOL.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status