Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The certificate in Teaching of Writing is designed specifically for students interested in enhancing their teaching skills in the area of writing. This certificate provides advanced coursework in rhetoric, literacy, writing and teacher inquiry. Students who successfully complete the certificate requirements will benefit from improved professional skills and marketability.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status