Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The graduate certificate in Youth Development is a unique online certificate program that focuses solely on Youth Development. The certificate uses an approach that examines people, places, supports, opportunities and services young people need to be happy, healthy and successful, both in theory and practice. Taught through the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance for the Human Sciences (Great Plains IDEA), this is the only alliance of public universities to offer it completely online.
Students may complete the certificate in one of two focus areas: Youth Development Specialist or Youth Program Management and Evaluation.
This certificate is aimed at professionals working with youth, including:
- 4-H and Boys and Girls Clubs
- Non-profit youth organizations
- Faith-based groups
- Community recreation leaders
- Juvenile corrections professionals
- Elementary, middle and high school educators
- Extension educators
Courses and More
- Course Requirements for this Cert are in the Catalog.
- All courses are completed online through Great Plains IDEA, a consortium of 20 universities offering courses and programs in the Human Sciences and Agricultural disciplines.
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status