Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate programs offered
Online and Distance OpportunitiesOffered online:
Some online coursework may be available for your program; contact dept. for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
2. Required by Finance
After you apply, allow one business day for us to set up your access so you can complete these requirements via MyRED.
- Entrance exam(s): GMAT or GRE. A score of 600 on GMAT (or equivalent on the GRE) is strongly recommended.
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5
- Three references
- Professional Resume
- Personal Statement
When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed.
Application Deadlines for Finance
- M.S. in Finance: July 1 for Fall. Accepting applications for fall only.
Application/admission is for entry in a specific term and year. Our academic year is divided into 3 terms: Fall (August-December), Spring (January-May), and Summer (multiple sessions May-August). Some programs accept new students only in certain terms and/or years.
The MS in Finance curriculum is designed to provide students with the in-demand skills they need to make financial and investment decisions. Program curriculum will help students develop an understanding of financial decision making that is relevant to portfolio and risk managers, as well as corporate finance officers. Students are trained in the latest quantitative methods and real-world applications are presented through case studies.
Take advantage of the strong outlook for financial analysts (11% growth over the next decade). Nebraska's esteemed finance faculty, comprehensive coursework, and intuitive learning platform will enable you to strengthen your investment and finance management skills.
Tuition for the M.S. in Finance is $630 per credit hour for all students, regardless of residency.
Courses and More
- Students work with an advisor to choose courses, create a plan of study, and follow the Steps to Degree Completion. See courses in:
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Faculty and research
Where available, names link to bios or homepages and contact card icons () link to directory listings with address, phone, and email.