Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate programs offered
Earn a Graduate Degree
- DPH in Plant Health (100 cr)
Online and Distance OpportunitiesSome online coursework may be available for your program; contact dept. for details.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Application Deadlines for Plant Health
- Rolling admissions, contact the program for more information.
Application/admission is for entry in a specific term and year. Our academic year is divided into 3 terms: Fall (August-December), Spring (January-May), and Summer (multiple sessions May-August). Some programs accept new students only in certain terms and/or years.
The Doctor of Plant Health (DPH) is a professional degree focused on educating high-level plant practitioners who are critical to the sustainability and security of future plant production systems. The DPH program emphasizes broad interdisciplinary education across all plant-related disciplines and incorporates practical training and experience. The program requires 100 graduate credit hours, plus the required internships. Unique aspects to this University of Nebraska–Lincoln program include:
- Core curriculum provides significant depth across all major disciplines involved in plant health (agronomy/horticulture, entomology, plant pathology, soil science, weed science).
- Experiential learning through internships provides unique opportunities to develop skills in managing integrated production systems and problem-solving by applying multidisciplinary skills to actual plant health problems.
- Flexibility through elective credits and internships hone professional interests and bolster training credentials.
- Comprehensive diagnostic training enables effective identification and management of all issues affecting plant health.
- Enhancing capacity in leadership and various soft skills actively sought by employers.
As a Doctor of Plant Health, you will make a significant impact throughout your career by applying science to plant management systems while working to maximize the systems economic, environmental and social sustainability.
Courses and More
- Students work with an advisor to create a plan of study and follow the Steps to Degree Completion. See all courses or jump to related subjects:
- Cost of attendance differs from one student to another. Try our Cost Estimator or see Tuition, Fees, and Funding for details.
Faculty and research
Where available, names link to bios or homepages and contact card icons () link to directory listings with address, phone, and email.
School of Natural Resources