KAPPA KAPPA PSI
- Founded: November 27, 1919 at Oklahoma A&M (currently Oklahoma State) in Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Mr KKPsi: A "Andrew" Frank Martin
- Founder: William A. Scroggs
- Guiding Spirit: Bohumil Makovsky (was Director of Bands at Oklahoma State)
- Flower: Red Carnation
- Colors: Blue and White (unofficial color is Yellow)
Tau Beta Sigma - Sister Sorority
- Founded March 26, 1946
- Voted a sister organization in 1947
- Started in 1920 with no record
- Originator of Band Key Award
- Used to be a Beta chapter at UF
Kappa Kappa Psi at UNL
- First chartered February 5, 1971 with Wayne State as the advisor (they were the Gamma Delta chapter and inactive at the time, but were reactivated).
- Gamma Lambda was reactivated on March 13, 1974.
- Chartered as KKPSi April 25, 1998 with Kansas State as the advisor (Epsilon Pi).
- First President: Kevin Nelson
- Major at Large: Stacy Hahn
Nebraska Cornhusker Band History
- Band program started October of 1879.
- First football game was on Thanksgiving Day 1880 against Omaha YMCA.
- First Twirler was Joyce Burns (only female in band).
- Females were admitted into the Marching Band in 1972 (with the exception of WWII).
- First flagline started in 1975.
- DIRECTORS OF BAND
- Don Lentz
- Robert Fought- started first flag line
- Jack Snider
- John "Jay" Kloecker
- Rod Chesnut
- Craig Cornish
- Tony Falcone - Director of Cornhusker Marching Band
- Carolyn Barber
- Won the Sudler Trophy (given by the John Phillip Sousa Foundation)- Excellence in leadership and band