Types of Funding
Limited funds are available to assist student organizations in planning events and attending conferences. The application opens annually on September 1. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding can run out.
Funds for Student Events
The Pepsi Student Events Fund provides assistance for major campus events. Programs must be sponsored by recognized student organizations in good standing.
This fund also is available to UNL academic departments or colleges for special events in which large numbers of high school students will be on campus.
Funds for Diversity Programming
The Pepsi Diversity Program Fund provides assistance to minority student organizations and programming, activities and events with the goal of increasing positive engagement and interactions among a diverse audience.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion Diversity Program Fund similarly provides assistance to diversity programming sponsored by recognized student organizations that takes place on campus.
Funds for Conference Attendance
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion Diversity Conference Attendance Fund provides assistance for students traveling to regional and national conferences affiliated with recognized student organizations. Funding for conferences are limited. Priority is given to on campus programming.
All conference funds for 2021-2022 has been dispered*
- Funds are only available to Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) in total compliance.
- RSOs must have approval from the organization’s advisor.
- RSOs must have a current account with the Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) Office or a cost object number.
Additional funding criteria for consideration:
- Has the student organization/department done any fundraising on its own?
- What other sources of revenue have been obtained?
- Is there evidence of collaboration and co-sponsorships?
- What impact will the program have on campus? Will it reach a broad segment of the student population?
- Does this program increase awareness and understanding of diversity or work toward increased engagement among a diverse audience? (Applicable only to diversity funds.)
All funding decisions are at the discretion of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Inclusive Excellence.
How to Apply
Complete the funding request form a minimum of 30 days prior to the event or conference. Please contact Rhonda Taylor at 402-472-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.Apply Now