Brother 2 Brother
Symposium Saturday, November 16 | 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM | Willa Cather Dining CenterRegister Now
For the men of NEBRASKA to discover a better sense of purpose for their time at UNL, to forge strategies for maximizing their potential, and to develop fellowship with other male students of color.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
All male students of color enrolled at UNL. All classifications and levels - freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student, and professional student - are encouraged to be part of this one-day event.
- 8 to 8:30 a.m. | Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. | Opening Session with introductions of conference attendees
- 9 to 9:50 a.m. | Concurrent Sessions
- 10 to 10:50 a.m. | Concurrent Sessions
- 11 to 11:50 a.m. | Concurrent Sessions
- 12 to 1 p.m. | Lunch and Keynote Speaker Dr. Raphael Moffet, InspireYouniversity
- 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. | Closing Session with networking, evaluation, and mentor/mentee matching)
CONCURRENT SESSION TOPICS
- Don’t Believe Me Just Watch Learning to Attack Life or Living your Best Life” Tips and Tools
- Barbershop Talk – Moderated Panel
- Culturally Relevant Mentoring Program(s)
- How to Make Seeds Grow in the Dark: Cultivating your power!
- Counseling Men of Color: Treating Trauma, Aggression and Apathy
- Recruitment and Retention of Men of Color in Higher Education
FREE TO ATTENDincludes continental breakfast, conference materials, and lunch.
Registration closes on November 11, 2019.