UndocuAlly at NEBRASKA
Thank you for your interest in UndocuAlly training. Like many universities and colleges across the country, the University of Nebraska is searching for ways to better serve our immigrant, undocumented, and DACA-mented student population. One way to improve the campus climate for this population of students is to educate faculty, staff, and students about the complexities of the immigration system and discuss how general campus policies and structures may negatively impact this group. The Office of Academic Success & Intercultural Services seeks to serve students from all backgrounds and to create an inclusive learning and living environment for all. OASIS will host this training twice a year to inform our colleagues and to form an official network of support across campus for undocumented, DACA, and immigrant students.
This training will address the following:
- The U.S. immigration system and current policies
- Best practices for university personnel when working with this student population
- Offer guidance on how to be an Ally
- Offer the opportunity to discuss challenges and come up with ideas to improve the campus climate for this student population
- What: UndocuAlly Training
- When: Fall 2021 Training - TBA
- Where: TBA
Space is limited. You must be registered in order to participate. Please complete the application below to register.
Please be on the lookout for updates regarding future UndocuAlly trainings.
If you have further questions, please contact Katie Kodad at email@example.com