UndocuAlly at NEBRASKA
Thank you for being interested in UndocuAlly training. Like many universities and colleges across the country, the University of Nebraska is searching for ways to serve better our immigrant, undocumented, and DACA-mented student population. One way to improve the campus climate for this population of students is to educate faculty, staff, and students about the complexities of the immigration system and discuss how general campus policies and structures may negatively impact this group. The Office of Academic Success & Intercultural Services seeks to serve students from all backgrounds and to create an inclusive learning and living environment for all. OASIS will host this training twice a year to inform our colleagues and to form an official network of support across campus for undocumented, DACA, and immigrant students.
This training will address the following:
- The U.S. immigration system and current policies
- Best practices for university personnel when working with this student population
- Offer guidance on how to be an Ally
- Offer the opportunity to discuss challenges and develop ideas to improve the campus climate for this student population.
- Date: March 7, 2024
- Time 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Location: Unity Room in the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center
- This training will be in person only.
For further questions, contact Emy Kata at email@example.com.