The application deadline for fall admission to the Ph.D. program is Jan. 31. The deadline for spring admission is Sept. 30.
All students seeking admission to the Ph.D. program must submit the online application. The Department Graduate Admissions Committee recommends applicants for admission based on all submitted materials including transcripts, GRE scores, TOEFL scores, curriculum vitae, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and published papers.
Familiarize yourself with the university's Requirements for Admission and fill out the online application for the Office of Graduate Studies. After completing the form, you will receive an NUID that allows you to sign in to MyRED, the university's online personal records system. MyRed allows you to view a list of application materials received or needed by the Office of Graduate Studies.
Within 24 business hours of receiving your NUID, you will receive a welcome email message asking you to start submitting required Departmental Application materials in MyRED. MyRED is a secure, web-based system that allows you to provide materials online. You will be asked to provide:
- Statement of Purpose describing your goals and plans for graduate school,
- CV or Resume,
- and three Letters of Recommendation submitted electronically. Once you log in to MyRED to submit your required application materials, you will be able to provide contact information for each reference. You will then be able to send your references an email with a secure link and they will be able to upload their letters. No hardcopies are necessary.
- MyRED reflects your application status at the university level. Materials required by Graduate Studies may be complete but this does not mean your application is complete as far as department requirements are concerned.
- You must submit Department Application materials online in MyRED. Log into MyRED using your NU ID. Once in MyRED, go to the Graduate Admissions page and click on "Application Status in Your Department." Be sure to finalize and "Submit" (side navigation bar) your application when you are satisfied with all materials provided.
- Individuals providing references can be contacted automatically. They will be able to upload letters electronically through a secure web link. No hardcopies are necessary.
- Your application status at the department level can be found by clicking on "Application Status in Your Department" on the Graduate Admissions page in MyRED. After you have provided all materials required by the department and finalize your application, your application's status will be indicated.
- The application deadline for fall admission is Jan. 31; for spring, Sept. 30.