Seema Sahay, Postdoctoral Researcher
Academics, balanced research and teaching
Prior Degrees Earned:
Ph.D in Plant Physiology, Nov. 2014, A.M University, Aligarh, India
MS in Botany (Cytology and Cytogenetics), 2008, A.M University, Aligarh, India
BS (Chemistry, Botany, Zoology), 2005, D.S College, B.R Ambedkar University, India
1. SNI-Candidate Award- 2019 by the National Council for Science and Technology (Sistema Nacional de Investigadores), Mexico
2. Guest Asst. Professor (Biotechnology)- Feb-Aug 2019, Instituto Tecnologico Superior de Los Reyes, Michoacán, México
3. Visiting Post Doc Fellowship – 2018, Biology Department, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares (ININ), Mexico
4. International Travel Scheme (ITS) Award-2017 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), India to visit Italy
5. Post Doctoral Fellowship (formerly known as Women Scientist scheme)-2016 by the University Grants Commission, India.
6. Rajeev Gandhi National Fellowship as Senior Research Fellow- 2011-2014 by the University Grants Commission, India.
7. Rajeev Gandhi National Fellowship as Junior Research Fellowship- 2009-2011 by the University Grants Commission, India.
8. Reviewer of Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Springer), Journal of Environmental Quality (ASA, CSSA, and SSSA), and Euphytica (Springer)
Dr. Katarzyna Glowacka
My research interests include understanding mechanisms of plant responses to various abiotic stresses, in particular drought/low water availability and N-nutrition stress. My research uses plant physiological and genomic approaches with particular emphasis on photosynthesis and related changes at molecular and biochemical levels to observations of whole plant system in laboratory and field conditions. My long term research goal is to improve crop resilience/tolerance to abiotic stress through manipulating the photosynthesis efficiency/regulation in plants. In addition, I am also interested in studying the nitric oxide signalling in interaction of abscisic acid in regulating the oxidative stress of drought-compromised crops at both physiology and gene level.
My country is India. I love doing Science. I like traveling and listening to music.