Improve Nebraska and global well‐being through innovative plant science research and education.
The mission of the Center for Plant Science Innovation is to:
- enable innovative plant biology research,
- facilitate the translation of basic discoveries into applied technologies that improve crop productivity and quality,
- foster a collaborative environment that bridges unit, department, campus, state, and national boundaries,
- promote scientific education and professional development of students, staff, and post‐doctoral scientists, and
- improve public understanding of modern plant science research and its societal importance.
The Core Values of PSI are:
- To strive for excellence in individual and team research.
- To stimulate and support innovation and creativity.
- To work with professional integrity and mutual respect.
- To foster collaboration within and outside PSI.