Why would you want to volunteer with Student Money Management?
- Improve Your Resume
- Gain Important Career Skills
- Meet New People
- Help Other Students Become Financially Successful
- Improve Your Own Financial Education Knowledge
What are the requirements to become a volunteer?
You must be a current UNL student (undergraduate or graduate/professional) with a passion for financial well-being. You do not need to be a personal finance expert, but some financial knowledge is helpful.
When can I start volunteering with SMM?
Our volunteer application opens twice per year.
If you like to teach and mentor your peers, you could become a Money Coach. Training is provided!
Money Coach Details:
- Money Coaches meet with other students one-on-one to help them achieve a successful financial life
- Appointments last anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the student
- Money Coaches are first trained in coaching students around the topics of budgeting and creating financial goals, and may also be trained in additional personal finance topics
- Some money coaches do their money coaching hours at Husker Hub
Applications are open now!
Applications are due by Friday, March 6th at 11:55 pm. Please apply through Handshake.
Applications will be reviewed and some applicants will be invited for an interview to see if they are a good fit. After that, the final selections will be made.