Calculating Extended Time
Online calculator coming soonComing Soon
If you have a student who is registered with the SSD office and who has an accommodation with extended time, as having an additional time accommodation, you must pre-set their extra time in Canvas. If you are using Mobius Assessment for your exams the extra time will be added on site by staff in the DLC or SSD testing centers, but it must be added in advance for Canvas quizzes. Here's how to do it:
- Go to your Canvas course
- Click the title of the exam which you would like to extend time for a particular student
- Students clarify with their instructor(s) about their exams and where they will be taken. Instructors decide where exams are administered.
- Click "Moderate this Quiz" in the upper-right hand corner
- This will take you to a screen with a list of your students, and you can click the edit icon to the right of the student to whom you would like to give extra time
- On the dialog that pops up, just type in the amount of extra time they should receive for every attempt, and hit save
Note: This will need to be done for every individual quiz or exam that this student will be taking; it cannot be applied globally to a student's account.
For further information, visit page 31 of the Digital Learning Center Exam Commons User Guide
If you have additional questions, contact:
Amy Barry, DLC Exam Commons Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (402) 472-2178