Students who seek accommodations at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln must provide documentation of their disability from an appropriate, licensed professional. The documentation must include the diagnosed condition, the treatment being provided (if any) and it can also suggest accommodations. Below are forms that licensed professionals can use to provide this information:
- Attention Deficit Disorders Form
- Chronic Health Disabilities Form
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Documentation
- Learning Disability Documentation
- Mental Health Disabilities Form
The full University of Nebraska – Lincoln Documentation Policy can be found here.
Steps to receive services at the university:
- You can fax, mail or e-mail your documentation to SSD. You can also make an appointment with a staff member and bring it with you when you come.
- If you fax, mail or e-mail the documentation, after it is received in the SSD office, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment.