1. Complete the SSD Application for Services. (https://go.unl.edu/ssdapplication)
If you have a UNL/Husker email address please use it, otherwise your personal email address will work temporarily.
2. Provide documentation of your disability by having your healthcare provider complete the appropriate verification form listed below. Documentation may be e-mailed (email@example.com).
- Attention Deficit Disorders Form
- Chronic Health Disabilities Form
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Documentation
- Learning Disability Documentation
- Mental Health Disabilities Form
If your disability is not represented in the list above, please provide a letter from a licensed healthcare provider that includes:
- the diagnosed condition(s),
- the treatment being provided, and
- a description of how the disability impacts you in an education setting.
3. Once you complete the Application for Services and have submitted documentation, you can call the SSD office to schedule an appointment. (402-472-3787)
The full University of Nebraska – Lincoln Documentation Policy can be found here.