NCV Grants Contacts
402-472-8364 | RM 102B
The Grant Specialist offers assistance to the NCV community for their research endeavors. Working with the Grant Specialist can help increase the accuracy and success of external funding submissions.
Services Provided by the Grant Specialist:
- Enter information in NUgrant routing form when notified by PI of a potential proposal; track proposal in NUgrant from RFA/RFP to award
- Provide guidance and compliance resources where needed
- Coordinate proposal/contract submission with PI, IANR Finance and Personnel, and Office of Sponsored Programs
- Provide proposal templates, current rates for budget development, and other resources as needed
- Review proposal and suggest edits to assure compliance with sponsor guidelines and UNL policy; compile documents and route for approval
- Provide financial reports to PI for expenditure monitoring; suggest expenditure changes necessary to ensure compliance; implement expenditure changes at the direction of the PI
- Send PAF requests to home department
- Reconcile and document expenditures to ensure compliance with sponsor agreement; maintain proper justification on file
- Coordinate final project closeout with Office of Sponsored Program
- MyNCBI is now required by NIH to use when reporting publications in annual reports.
NIH is also looking to better track both graduate students and post docs funded with NIH money. They now require Commons registration for any graduate student or post doc paid on NIH grants. This will become evident as these individuals are included in the personnel report within the annual progress report. If the individuals do not have a Commons registration, the progress report will be delayed until registration is complete.
- All publications must have PMCID’s if they were NIH funded publications, this includes Biosketch’s and Bibliography’s. This information should be included before submission. Click here for a list of journals that submit to PubMed Central on behalf of the author.
Upcoming NIH Submission Deadlines-Standard Dates in Bold
- AIDS Deadline: May 7
- R01-New: June 5
- R21 New: June 16
- R01- Resubmission: July 5
- R21- Resubmission: July 16
Upcoming National Pork Board Submission Deadlines
- Spring Call- May 2016
Upcoming USDA Submission Deadlines
Upcoming Foundation/Other Submission Deadliness
- Click here to see a complete listing of internal funding opportunities