PLEASE NOTE: As our pilot of online services ended in Spring 18, our ability to offer support online is extremely limited. We will do our best to find a time that works for your schedule and ours, but please contact us well in advance of your desired appointment time.
All appointments must be scheduled AT LEAST 72 hours (3 days) in advance. Because these appointments are scheduled on as as-needed basis, we may or may not be able to schedule appointments at a given time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if a consultant is available at your preferred time. If you would like to meet regularly online with a consultant at a particular time, please email email@example.com and we will determine if the time you prefer is feasible.
If you would like to work with a Writing Center Consultant online, please follow the steps below.
Note: the video below talks about using Skype for online consultations, but during Fall 19, we will use Google Hangouts for these consultations.
InstructionsPlease read ALL the instructions below before signing up for an appointment.
- Since we will use Google Hangouts and Google Docs to conduct the session, you will need to have a Google account.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment at least 72 hours (3 days) before your preferred appointment time. Please include your name, gmail address, NUID number, what writing project your working on, and some information about what you would like to focus on during the appointment.
- Before your appointment, make sure to have your draft available as a Google Doc.
- When it is 5-10 minutes before your appointment time, please share your Google Doc with email@example.com. (To do this, click "Share" in the upper right corner, enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" [no quotations marks] in the box, and click "Done.")
- When it is a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time, please get online and the Writing Center consultant will contact you at the appointment start time.
- If the video function fails, the consultant will initiate the chat feature in Google Docs.
- If you are unable to make contact with the consultant, please email email@example.com.
- If you are unable to make your appointment for any reason, please cancel ASAP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When are your online services available?
A: You can contact us to begin the process of setting up an appointment starting September 9.
Q: Can anyone use your online services?
A: Yes, if you are a current student, faculty, or staff member. Please understand, however, that we have extremely limited availability for online appointments, so our first priority has to be people who find it difficult or impossible to make it to one of our on-campus locations.
Q: Can I make an unlimited number of appointments?
A: No; we have only a limited number of hours available, and we want everyone who needs an online appointment to have a chance to reserve one. The maximum number of appointments is 1 hour per week.
Q: Will the Writing Center Consultant read my draft before we meet?
A: No, not unless you've talked directly with the consultant previously and made special arrangements. Just as in the Writing Center's main location, the Consultant will talk through your draft with you during the appointment time.
Q: Will you proofread or edit my paper for me?
A: No, we do not proofread or edit for students. You're the expert on what you're writing about! But we can help you identify places in your writing that could be clearer, and we're happy to talk through how to improve these areas. We want to help you become a stronger proofreader, editor, and reviser of your own work.