We are excited to host a number of events throughout the year. Events will be focused on both professional development and networking opportunities. Upcoming events will be listed below. If you are interested in seeing some of the previous events that we have hosted, click here.
YPN Networking Committee: Jazz in June
Tuesday, June 8th, 7-8 PM
Join other YPN members to enjoy some live jazz in the Sheldon Garden at 12th and R Streets, free of charge!
YPN Presents: LNK Connections: Making a Tangible Impact on Social Justice Issues
Wednesday, April 21st, 12pm-1pm
The Professional Development Committee of YPN has partnered with the Global Nebraska Coalition on Diversity and Inclusion to bring a panel of community organizations dedicated to improving inclusiveness among our diverse populations. Save the date and join us to learn more about these organizations and how you might be able to get involved with their efforts!
YPN Presents: A Conversation with Lincoln’s Black Leaders Movement
Thursday, April 15th at 12pm
Join us on April 15th at noon for our YPN Fireside Chat featuring special guest from Lincoln’s Black Leaders Movement. This conversation will be a great chance to learn more about their group and how to get involved. If you are interested in attending, please email either Megan Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Khadijah Davis (email@example.com) for the link!
YPN Fireside Chat: Coffee and College
Date/Time: Friday, March 12th at 8AM (CST)
This special event allows all of us to come together and learn more about members of our community. Bring your school mug and/or apparel (we’ll be in our alma mater apparel from head to toe), your best coffee stories, and be ready to share what morning routines work best for you. Time to show which undergrad has the best alumni!
Zoom Link: https://unl.zoom.us/j/93669880520
Virtual Murder Mystery Party
Monday, March 22 at 5:30 PM. RSVP to Daniel P. at firstname.lastname@example.org
YPN Fireside Chat, Spring 2021 , 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, ZOOM:
Check our YPN newsletter to find out when the next meeting will be!
We recognize there is a lot happening in the world right now. YPN values the well-being of our members and aims to provide a space for dialogue and further learning. Please join us every two weeks for a new topic and a chance to engage in important conversations.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Allen or Khadijah Davis
Lunch for 5 with YPN
In-Person: September 22 or Via ZOOM: September 23th, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm, Register: https://go.unl.edu/ypnlunchfor5sept
- This is a low-key lunch to get to know others in the group and interact face-to-face or virtually!
Virtual Happy Hour – Meet the Networking Chairs!
October 14, 2020 th, 5:30 PM, ZOOM: https://go.unl.edu/meettheypnnetworkcommittee (check your email for the passcode in the YPN newsletter or contact Richelle Saalfeld)
- Meet with Networking Committee Chairs, Daniel Palensky and Richelle Saalfeld, to discuss what types of events you would like to see in YPN throughout the academic year!
Halloween Virtual Game Night!
October 27, 2020 th, 5:30 PM, ZOOM: https://go.unl.edu/ypnhalloweenvirtualgamenight (check your email for the passcode in the YPN newsletter or contact Richelle Saalfeld))
- Spend an evening with your Networking Committee playing some virtual Halloween-themed games.
Virtual PD Happy Hour
November 16, 2020, 5:30 PM via ZOOM. Advanced Registration is required: http://bit.ly/YPNHappy
- Grab a drink and a snack and join us as we chat with Letura Idigima. Letura is the owner of Letura Idigima Photography and is the founder of the Art Bus Lincoln.
Festive Sweater Happy Hour
December 15, 2020, 5:30 PM, ZOOM. Email Daniel to RSVP and receive the ZOOM link at email@example.com
Please join the Networking Committee on December 15 for an evening of holiday festivities! Wear your favorite or ugliest sweater or create a festive Zoom background and reminisce on this crazy year. RSVP to receive the Zoom link by emailing Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Happy Hour/Game Night
Thursday, April 16th, 5:15pm, https://unl.zoom.us/j/203807525
- Play some online games while respecting social distancing
Spring General Membership Meeting
Friday, April 24th, 4pm, Virtual (Zoom link to follow)
- Join us for our second general membership of the year with guest speaker Moi Padilla
- Moi will be talking about his career journey of rising up in leadership here at UNL
- Virtual Happy Hour to follow the meeting
Tuesday, April 28, 4:30-5:30 p.m., https://unl.zoom.us/j/890195769 (Meeting ID: 890 195 769)
- Guest speaker: Chris Tran, UNL’s Director of Benefits and Risk Management
- For many people, benefits are a weird and sometimes strange thing. Insurance is a bizarre concept to learn. Retirement feels like it’s forever in the future. And now that we are all quarantined in our homes doing our best to practice social distancing, both our employer and the federal government are pitching in to offer us relief. But, how do we capitalize on all of it to live our #BestLife?
- Chris Tran is the Director of Benefits and Risk Management and has pledged to give us an hour of time.
- Think about what questions you have and we’ll have a Zoom Happy Hour to learn about UNL’s benefits.