Unofficial vs. official
Unofficial transcripts are uploaded as part of the application process. Official transcripts are needed if you're offered admission and you want to enroll.
Official academic records include:
- Transcripts and/or mark sheets showing the grades earned in each course.
- A diploma or certificate of graduation. (Not required if the transcript includes the name of the degree and the date it was conferred.)
- The Diploma Supplement, if the degree is Bologna-compliant.
If the academic records are in a language other than English, UNL must receive both the original-language documents and a word-for-word English translation.
- Schools in China: For students admitted for Spring 2014 or later, academic documents from China — including transcripts, graduation certificates, and degree certificates in Chinese and in English — must be verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) and mailed directly to Graduate Studies by the CDGDC. Documents held by the student will not be considered verified.
- All other schools: Official academic records are mailed directly to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln by the student's prior institution(s). The student has no direct contact with these documents.
- Alternatively, if the institution does not mail documents directly to other institutions, documents may be given to the student in a sealed and stamped envelope, which the student delivers to the Office of Graduate Studies upon arrival in Lincoln. The student is not permitted to open the envelope.