Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate degrees offered
AreasAreas of Study
- Agricultural Waste Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Non-point Source Pollution Control
- Solid Waste Management
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Supply
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
Required by Environmental Engineering in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
Application Deadlines for Environmental Engineering
|International Applicants and for Financial Consideration||Fall: February 15 Spring: July 1 Summer: December 1|
|Otherwise||Rolling admissions with a deadline of one month before the next term. Contact the department for more information.|
For program admission, a student must have completed an accredited undergraduate degree in engineering. Students with a bachelor's degree in the physical or biological sciences can be admitted but must complete specified deficiency courses in mathematics and engineering science.
Courses and MoreStudents in Environmental Engineering are most likely to take courses in:
- Environmental Engineering (ENVE)
- Civil Engineering (CIVE)
- Biological Systems Engineering (BSEN)
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CHME)
Students will work with an advisor to create a Program of Studies or Memorandum of Courses during the first half of their coursework.
Faculty and research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.