Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
- *M.A., Ph.D.
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Law Psychology
- Neuroscience and Behavior
- Personality Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Ethnic Studies
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
Required by Psychology in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s): GRE (Psychology subject test recommended)
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 79
- Department application
- Personal statement
- Previous research and clinical involvement (clinical only)
- Three recommendation letters
The Department of Psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is one of the oldest and most prestigious psychology programs in the nation. There are six concentrated areas of study within the psychology graduate program: clinical, cognitive, developmental, law psychology, neuroscience and behavior, and social-personality.
Faculty provide high-quality research, teaching, and practice training experiences in these six areas. The department includes a nationally-reputed joint program in law and psychology, and one of the first APA-accredited clinical psychology programs in the country.
Excellent computer facilities, laboratory space, and research support are available through the psychology department. The department only accepts students who are interested in obtaining a Ph.D.; therefore, all students earn a master's degree en route to a doctoral degree. The department provides funding support through various mechanisms to all students who are admitted.
Come be a part of our tradition!
Faculty and Research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.