Dr. Patrick Dussault, Charles Bessey Professor
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
809B/829 Hamilton Hall
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0304
Google scholar page
Research Interests1) Organic synthesis (natural products as well as functionalized materials)
2) New oxidation methods
3) Chemistry of peroxide explosives
4) Chemical biology
Peroxide natural products: There are very few synthetic methods with which to approach the growing number of peroxide-containing natural products. Our group is a leader in the development of new methods for peroxide synthesis, as illustrated by the first syntheses of plakinic acids (J. Org. Chem. 2006, 71, 2283) and the peroxyacarnoates (Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 2509). Current research explores organometallic approaches to the peroxyplakorates.
Antimalarials: Peroxides are of interest as therapeutic agents for drug-resistant malaria. As part of a collaboration with Prof. Jon Vennerstrom (UNMC) and the Swiss Tropical Institute, we recently discovered that spiro-bisperoxyketals are stable and easily prepared compounds demonstrating promising activity in antimalarial assays (Org. Lett., 2008, 10, 2401).
New Oxidation Chemistry:
Although alkene ozonolysis has been known for over a century, we have discovered that the textbook chemistry of the intermediate carbonyl oxides can be strongly perturbed by the presence of Lewis acids and/or nucleophiles, offering a significant expansion in the utility of this oxidation, a process requiring only oxygen and electricity. (J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 4688); Tetrahedron, 2006, 62, 10747) Outgrowths of this project resulted in the discovery of the Re(VII)-catalyzed synthesis of 1,1-dihydroperoxides and 1,2,4,5-tetraoxanes; the latter are of major interest as potential antimalarials. (Org. Lett., 2008 10, 4577)
Triacetone triperoxide (TATP) is an easily prepared explosive of great concern as a weapon of terrorism. As part of a DoD-funded collaboration with five other departmental research groups, we are investigating the fundamental chemistry of TATP and related compounds in order to determine improved conditions for their detection and decomposition.
A long-term collaboration with Prof. Ken Nickerson (UNL School of Biological Sciences) uncovered the first examples of fungal quorum sensing, in which a released chemical signal (farnesol) controls population dependent cell-cell communication. Ongoing efforts in this area seek to explore the therapeutic consequences of synthetic enhancement of or interference with this pathway. (Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2008, 16, 1842) A collaboration with Prof. Tim Carr (UNL Nutrition Sciences) is exploring the relationship of molecular structure with dietary uptake and processing of plant sterols (J. Nutr. 2006, 136, 2722). Other ongoing collaborations target the preparation of bacterial quorum sensing molecules, enzyme inhibitors, and unnatural fatty acids.
93. "Tandem application of C-C bond-forming reactions with reductive ozonolysis” Willand-Charnley, R.; Dussault, P. H., J. Org. Chem, 2012, 78, 42-47.DOI: 10.1021/jo3015775 (special issue in honor of Robert E. Ireland);
92. "In vitro and in vivo activity of 3-alkoxy-1,2-dioxolanes against Schistosoma mansoni" Ingram, K.; Schiaffo, C.; Sittiwong, W.; Benner, E.; Dussault, P. H.; Keiser, J.* Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 2012, 67, 1979-86.
91. "Pyridine as an organocatalyst for the reductive ozonolysis of alkenes" R. Willand-Charnley, T. Fisher, B. Johnson, and P. H. Dussault Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 2242.
90. "Regioselective Synthesis of tetralkynylarenes via Consecutive Dual Sonogashira Couplings of the bistriflate of 1,2-Dihydroxy-4,5-diodobenzene", Fisher T.; Dussault, P. H. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2012, 2831-4. *NANO-relevant
89. "Generation of singlet oxygen from fragmentation of monoactivated 1,1-dihydroperoxides" Hang, J.; Ghorai, P.; Finkenstaedt-Quinn, S.; Findik, I; Sliz, E.; Kuwata, K. T, Dussault, P. H.*, J. Org. Chem, 2012, 77(3), 1233–1243; Feature article.
88. "A Mild One-pot Conversion of Alkenes to Amines through Tandem Ozonolysis and Reductive Amination" by Kyasa, S-K.; Fisher, T. J.; Dussault, P. H. Synthesis, 2011, 3475-3481.
87. "Phytosterol stearate esters elicit similar responses on plasma lipids and cholesterol absorption but different responses on fecal neutral sterol excretion and hepatic free cholesterol in male Syrian hamsters" Ash, M. M.; Hang, J.; Dussault, P. H. Carr. T. P. Nutr. Res. 2011, 31(7), 537-543.
86. "N5-phosphonoacetyl-L-ornithine (PALO): a convenient synthesis and investigation of influence on regulation of amino acid biosynthetic genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae." Johnson, B.; Steadman, R.; Fager, K.; Bunker, J.; Atkin, A.*, Dussault, P. H.* Biorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2011, 21, 2351-3.
85. "3-Alkoxy-1,2-Dioxolanes: Synthesis and Evaluation as Potential Antimalarial Agents" Schiaffo, C. E.; Rottman, M.; Wittlin, S.; Dussault, P. H.* ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2011, 2, 316-319. DOI: 10.1021/ml100308d
84.“Reversible collapse of the Langmuir films of a series of triphenylsilyl ether-terminated amphiphiles” Christine A. DeVries, James J. Haycraft , Qiang Han, Farhana Noor-e-Ain, Joseph Raible, Patrick H. Dussault, and Craig J. Eckhardt, Thin Solid Films 2011, 519, 2430-2437. *NANO-relevant
83. “Biosynthesis of HSAF, a Tetramic Acid-containing Macrolactam from Lysobacter enzymogenes” L. Lou, G. Qian, Y. Xie, J. Hang, H. Chen, K. Zaleta-Rivera, Y. Li, Y. Shen, P. H Dussault, F. Liu and L. Du*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 643-5.
82. “Tandem silylation/hydrosilylation of alkenols:diastereoselective synthesis of 1,4- and 1,5-diols” Shchepin, R.; Xu, C.; Dussault, P. H.* J. Org. Chem. 2010, 12, 4772-4775.
81. “Efficient synthesis and conformational investigations of cis-pentacenediols” Jiang, J.; Schiaffo, C. E.; Schwartz, C. P.; Pei, Y.; Dumais J. J.; Zeng, X. C.; Dussault, P. H.; Tan, L.* Tetrahedron Lett. 2010, 51, 5732-5735.
80. Fragmentation of chloroperoxides; hypochlorite-mediated dehydration of hydroperoxyacetals to esters“ Fisher, T. J.; Dussault, P. H.* Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51, 5615-5617.
79. “Phytosterol ester constituents affect micellar cholesterol solubility in model bile.” Brown, A. W.; Hang, J.; Dussault, P. H.; Carr, T. P.* Lipids, 2010, 45, 855–862. DOI: 10.1007/s11745-010-3456-6
78. “A concise synthesis of beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols” Hang, J.; Dussault, P.* Steroids, 2010, 75, 879–883.
77. “Rhenium (VII) Oxide” P. H. Dussault* and P. Ghorai in Encylopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis [Online] (e-EROS); editor G. Molander. John Wiley & Sons, 2010 (editor-reviewed)
76. “Sterol and stanol substrate specificity of pancreatic cholesterol ester lipase” A. W. Brown, J.Hang, P. H. Dussault, T. Carr,* J.Nutr. Biochem., 2010, 21, 736-740.
75. “A new peroxide fragmentation: efficient chemical generation of 1O2 in organic media.” Ghorai, P.; Dussault, P. H.* Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 4572–4575
74. “Asymmetric Synthesis of 1,2-dioxanes: Approaches to the Peroxyplakoric Acids” Xu, C.; Schwartz, C.; Raible, J. D.; Dussault, P. H.* Tetrahedron, 2009, 65, 9680-9685.
73. “Spiroadamantyl 1,2,4-Trioxolane, 1,2,4-Trioxane, and 1,2,4-Trioxepane Pairs: Relationship Between Peroxide Bond Iron (II) Reactivity, Heme Alkylation Efficiency, and Antimalarial Activity” X. Wang, D. Creek, C. E. Schiaffo, Y. Dong, J. Chollet, C. Scheurer, S. Wittlin, S. A. Charmanb, P. H. Dussault, J. K. Wood, and J. L. Vennerstrom* Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2009, 19, 4542-4545.
72. “A broadly applicable synthesis of 1,2,4,5-tetraoxanes” Ghorai, P.; Dussault, P. H.* Organic Letters, 2009, 11, 213-216.
71. “A mild and efficient Re(VII)–catalyzed synthesis of 1,1-dihydroperoxides”, Ghorai, P.; Dussault, P. H.* , Org. Lett., 2008 10, 4577–4579.10.1021/ol801859c
70. “Ozonolysis in solvent/water mixtures; direct conversion of alkenes to aldehydes and ketones” Schiaffo, C. E., Dussault, P. H.* J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 4688 – 4690. 10.1021/jo800323x
69. “The Synthesis of spiro-Bisperoxyketals” Ghorai, P.; Dussault, P. H.*, Hu, C. Organic Letters, 2008, 10, 2401 – 2404. 10.1021/ol800657m
68. “Influence of heterocyclic farnesol analogs on quorum sensing and pathogenicity in Candida albicans” R. Shchepin, D. H. M. L. P. Navarathna, R. Dumitru, S. Lippold, K. W. Nickerson, and P. H. Dussault*, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2008, 16, 1842-8.
67. “Fused Ring Oxetanes”, P. H. Dussault and Chunping Xu, in Comprehensive Heterocylic Chemistry III, Elsevier, 2008, Chapter 2.06 (Chris Stevens, editor)
66. “Cholesterol-lowering properties of plant sterols esterified with beef tallow fatty acids in hamsters” Guderian D. M. Jr., Rasmussen H. E., Wray C. A., Dussault P. H., Carr T. P.* Nutr. Res. 2007, 27, 283-288.
65.“Reductive Ozonolysis” via a new fragmentation of carbonyl oxides” Chris Schwartz, Joseph Raible, Kyle Mott, and P. H. Dussault* Tetrahedron, 2006, 62, 10747-52.
64. Reduction in cholesterol absorption is enhanced by stearate-enriched plant sterol esters in hamsters” H. E. Rasmussen, D. M. Guderian Jr., C. A. Wray, P. H. Dussault, V. L. Schlegel, and T. P. Carr* J. Nutr. 2006, 136: 2722–2727.
63. “Fragmentation of Carbonyl Oxides by N-oxides: An Improved Approach to Alkene Ozonolysis” C. Schwartz, J. Raible, K. Mott and P. H. Dussault* Organic Letters, 2006, 8, 3199 -3201. DOI: 10.1021/ol061001k
62. “Asymmetric Synthesis of 1,2-Dioxolane-3-acetic acids: Structural Elucidation of Plakinic Acid A” P. Dai, T. K. Trullinger, X. Liu, and P. H. Dussault*; J. Org. Chem. 2006, 71, 2283-2292. 10.1021/jo0522254
61. “A Bi-domain Nonribosomal Peptide Synthetase Encoded by FUM14 Catalyzes the Formation of Tricarballylic Esters in the Biosynthesis of Fumonisins” K. Zaleta-Rivera, C. Xu, F. Yu, R. A. E. Butchko, R. H. Proctor, M. E. Hidalgo-Lara, A. Raza, P. H. Dussault, and L. Du* Biochemistry 2006, 45, 2561-9. 10.1021/bi052085s
60. “Intramolecular Reactions of Hydroperoxides and Oxetanes: Stereoselective Synthesis of 1,2-Dioxolanes and 1,2-Dioxanes” P. Dai and P. H. Dussault, Org. Lett.; 2005; 7, 4333 – 4335; minor correction Org. Lett., 2009, 11, 1461.
59. “Total Synthesis of Peroxyacarnoates A and D: Metal-Mediated Couplings as a Convergent Approach to Polyunsaturated Peroxides” C. Xu, J. Raible, and P. H. Dussault* Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 2509-11. DOI: 10.1021/ol050291m
58. Biologically Active Fluorescent Farnesol Analogs”
R. Shchepin, R. Dumitru, M. Lund, K. Nickerson and P. H. Dussault*, Chem. Biol. 2005, 12, 639-641.
57.“Stereoselective Allylation of Chiral Monoperoxyacetals” A. Ahmed and P. H. Dussault, Tetrahedron 2005, 61, 4657-4670.
56. “1,2,4-Trioxepanes: Redox Cleavable Protection for Carbonyl Groups” A. Ahmed and P. H. Dussault*, Org. Lett. 2004, 6, 3609-3611. 10.1021/ol048484h
55. “Curtius rearrangement and Wolff homologation of functionalized peroxides “, P. H. Dussault* and C. Xu, Tetrahedron Lett. 2004, 45, pp 7455-7457
54. “Magnesium/Methanol: An Effective Reducing Agent for Peroxides and Ozonides” Peng Dai, P. H. Dussault*, and T. K. Trullinger; J. Org. Chem. 2004, 69, 2851-2. 10.1021/jo035191d
53. “Quorum sensing in Candida albicans: probing farnesol-receptor interactions with 40 natural and synthetic farnesol analogs” R. Shchepin, J. M. Hornby, E. Burger, T. Niessen, P. Dussault, and K. W. Nickerson* Chem. Biol, 2003, 10, 743-750.
52. “Synthesis of (R)- and (S)-10,16-Dihydroxyhexadecanoic Acid: Cutin Stereochemistry and Fungal Activation” Aqeel Ahmed , S. Cohen-Gould, T. Crawford , Y.S. Ha, M. Hollrah , F. Noor-E-Ain, M. B. Dickman, and P. H. Dussault* Phytochemistry, 2003, 63, 47-52.
51. “Opening of Substituted Oxetanes with H2O2 and Alkyl Hydroperoxides: A Stereoselective Approach to 3-Peroxyalcohols and 1,2,4-Trioxepanes” P.H. Dussault, T. K. Trullinger, and F. Noor-E-Ain, Organic Letters, 2002, 4, 4591-4593. 10.1021/ol0265259
50. “Quorum Sensing in the Dimorphic Fungus Candida albicans is Mediated by Farnesol” J. M. Hornby, E. C. Jensen, A. D. Lisec, J. J. Tasto, B. Jahnke, R. Shoemaker, P. Dussault, and K. W. Nickerson*, Applied and Env. Microbiology 2001, 67, 2982-2992.
49. “Chiral silyl ketene acetals from thioesters: Reaction with acetals and peroxyacetals to form 3-alkoxy- and 3-peroxyalkanoates” P. H. Dussault, T. K. Trullinger and S. Cho-Shultz Tetrahedron 2000, 9213-9220.
48. "Synthesis of Peroxides through Peroxycarbenium-Mediated C-C Bond Formation: Scope and Limitations" P. H. Dussault, R. Lee, H. J. Lee, I. Q. Lee, Q. J. Niu, J. A Schultz and U. R. Zope J. Org. Chem. 2000, 65, 8407. 10.1021/jo991714z
47. "Lewis acid-mediated reactions of Carbonyl oxides: A New Take on Ozonolysis" P. H. Dussault and J. R. Raible Org. Lett , 2000, 6478. 10.1021/ol006478p
46. “Reaction of peroxyacetals with silyl ketene acetals: synthesis of 3-peroxyalkanoates and 3-peroxyalkanals” P. H. Dussault*, R. J. Lee, J. A. Schultz, and Y. S. Suh, Tetrahedron Lett 2000, 41, 5457-60.
45. “Selectivity in Lewis acid-mediated Fragmentations of Peroxides and Ozonides: Application to the Synthesis of Alkenes, Homoallyl Ethers, and 1,2-Dioxolanes. P. H. Dussault, H-J. Lee, and X. Liu,. J. Chem. Soc.,Perkins Trans. 1 , 2000, 3006-3013.
44. “Peroxides as oxidative enzyme inhibitors: Mechanism-based inhibition of a cysteine protease by an amino acid ozonide” P. H. Dussault*, A. D. Georgeb and T. K. Trullinger, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 1999, 9, 3255-3258.
43. "Diastereoselective Addition of Singlet Oxygen to Z-Allylic Alcohols: Effect of Neighboring Functional Groups” P. H. Dussault*, and J. A. Schultz J. Org. Chem., 1999, 64, 8419-22. 10.1021/jo990934+
42. “Lewis Acid-Mediated Displacments of Alkoxydioxolanes: Synthesis of a 1,2-Dioxolane Natural Product” P. H. Dussault and Xuejun Liu, Organic Lett. , 1999, 1391-3. 10.1021/ol990954y
41. “SnCl4-mediated reaction of ozonides with allyltrimethylsilane: formation of 1,2-dioxolanes” P. H. Dussault and X. Liu, Tetrahedron Lett. 1999, 40, 6553-6.
40. “Photooxygenation of chiral dienol ethers: asymmetric synthesis of alkoxydioxines” P. H. Dussault,* Q. Han, D. Sloss and D. Symonsbergen.(Tetrahedron, 1999, 55, 11437-54
39. “Allylmetal-directed addition of 1O2: Scope, mechanism, and synthetic utility” P. H. Dussault,* C. T. Eary, R. J. Lee and U. R. Zope, J.Chem. Soc., Perkins 1, 1999, 2189-2204.
38. “Total Synthesis of the Alkoxydioxines (+) and (-) Chondrillin and (+) and (-) Plakorin through Singlet Oxygenation/Radical Rearrangement” P. H. Dussault,* C. T. Eary, K. R. Woller. J. Org. Chem. 1999, 64, 1789-97.
37. “Metathesis-based Synthesis of Jasmonate and Homojasmonate Lactones, Candidates for Extracellular Quorum Sensing Molecules in Candida albicans”. S. C. Cho, P. H. Dussault*, A. D. Lisec, E. C. Jensen and K. W. Nickerson*, J. Chem. Soc., Perkins Trans 1. 1999, 193.
36. “Application of the Sonogashira Coupling Reaction Towards the Stereoselective Synthesis of Chiral 1,3-Dienol Ethers”, P. H. Dussault*, D. G. Sloss, and D. J. Symonsbergen, Synlett 1999 1387.
35. “Hydrogen-Donating Mechamism of Rosmariquinone, an Antioxidant Found in Rosemary” C. A. Hall III, S. L. Cuppett*, and P. Dussault J. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc. 1998, 75, 1147.
34. “Palladium Mediated Carbon-Carbon Bond Forming Reactions as a New Method for the Synthesis of Peroxides and Hydroperoxides” P. H. Dussault and C. T. Eary, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1998, 120, 7133.
33. “Synthesis and Antioxidant Activity of Rosmariquinone and Several Analogues” Clifford A. Hall III, Susan L. Cuppett*, and Pat Dusssault, J. Agr. Food. Chem. 1998, 46, 1303-1310. 10.1021/jf970742k
32. Singlet Oxygenation/Radical Rearrangement as an Approach to 1,4-Dioxygenated Peroxides: Asymmetric Total Synthesis of Plakorin and a Revision in the Stereochemical Assignment of Chondrillin" P. Dussault and K. Woller J. Am. Chem. Soc.1997, 119, 3824-3825.
31. Approaches to the Stereoselective Dioxygenation of Alkenes: Chiral Phosphite Ozonides" P. H. Dussault and K. R. Woller, J. Org. Chem. 1997, 52, 1556-1559. 10.1021/jo961564h
30. "Auxiliary-Directed Peroxidation of 1,4-Dienes" P. H. Dussault*, T. Anderson, M. R. Hayden, K. Koeller and Q. J. Niu, Tetrahedron 1996, 52, 12381-12398.
29. "Biphasic Singlet Oxygenation with a Perfluoroalkylated Photosensitizer
Steven DiMagno*, P. Dussault*, and J. A. Schultz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1996, 118, 5312.
28. "Simple Procedures For Quantification And Reuse Of Common Organic Solvent Mixtures" P. Dussault* and K. Woller, The Chemical Educator, 1996, 1, 1-6.
27. "Synthesis of 1,2-Dioxanes, 1,2,4-Trioxanes, and 1,2,4-Trioxepanes via Cyclizations of Unsaturated Hydroperoxyacetals" P. H. Dussault and D. R. Davies Tetrahedron Lett. 1996, 37, 463-466.
26. Stereoselectivity of Addition to Chiral Carbonyl Oxides" P. H. Dussault and U. R. Zope, 1995, J. Org. Chem. 1995, 60, 8218-8222.
25. "The Peroxide Changes Everything" P. H. Dussault SynLett, 1995, 997-1003
24. "Synthesis of E,E-Diene Hydroperoxides via Photoisomerization of Protected Hydroperoxides" P. Dussault* , In Quen Lee, and T. Eary, Lipids , 1995, 30, 591-594
23. " Reactions of Hydroperoxides and Peroxides" P. H. Dussault,* in Active Oxygen in Chemistry, C. S. Foote, J. S. Valentine, A. Greenberg, J. F. Liebman, eds. Blackie Academic and Professional, London, 1995, 141-203.
22. "Chemoselective Hydrogenation of Unsaturated Peroxides" P. H. Dussault*, S. E. Kreifels, and I. Q. Lee, Synthetic Communications, 1995, 25, 2613-2621.
21. "Hydroperoxide-Mediated C-C Bond Formation: Synthesis of 1,2-Dioxolanes from Alkoxyhydroperoxides in the Presence of Lewis Acids P. H. Dussault* and U. R. Zope, Tetrahedron Lett. 1995, 36, 3655-3658.
20. "Reaction of 1O2 with Alkoxyallylstannanes: Synthesis of 1,2-Dioxolanes and Allyl Hydroperoxides" P.H. Dussault and U. R. Zope, Tetrahedron Lett., 1995, 36, 2187-2190.
19. "Peroxycarbenium-Mediated C-C Bond Formation: Synthesis of Cyclic Peroxides from Monoperoxyketals" P. H. Dussault*, H-J. Lee, and Q. J. Niu J. Org. Chem. 1995, 60, 784. 10.1021/jo00109a001
18. "A Chemoenzymatic Approach to Hydroperoxyeicosatetraenoic Acids (HPETEs): Total Synthesis of 5(S)-HPETE"-P. H. Dussault* and I. Q. Lee, J. Org. Chem. 1995, 60, 218-226. 10.1021/jo00106a037
17. "2-(2-methoxyethoxy)-prop-2-yl Hydroperoxide: A More Easily Handled Reagent for the Synthesis of Hydroperoxides" P. H. Dussault*, U. R. Zope, and T. A. Westermeyer, J. Org. Chem. 1994, 59, 8267-8268. 10.1021/jo00105a053
16. "Stereoselective Dioxygenation of Enoates" P. H. Dussault*, K. Woller, M. C. Hillier, Tetrahedron, 1994, 50, 8929-8940.
15. "Stereospecific Dioxygenation of Allylstannanes: Synthesis of Enantiomerically Enriched Allyl Hydroperoxides" P.H. Dussault* and R. Lee J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1994, 116, 4485-4486.
14. "An Organometallic Approach to Peroxyketals" P. H. Dussault*, A. Sahli, T. Westermeyer, J. Org. Chem. 1993, 58, 5469-5474.
13. "Peroxycarbenium Mediated Carbon-Carbon Bond Formation: Synthesis of Peroxides from Monoperoxyketals" P.H. Dussault* and I. Q. Lee, J. Am.. Chem. Soc. 1993, 115, 6458-59.
12. "Total Synthesis of 15-HPETE" P.H. Dussault* and I. Q. Lee, J. Org. Chem. 1992, 57, 1952-1953. 10.1021/jo00033a006
11. "Auxiliary-Directed Dioxygenation: Stereoselective Synthesis of a Diene Hydroperoxide" P.H. Dussault* and M.R. Hayden, Tetrahedron Letters, 1992, 33, 443-446.
10. "2-Methoxyprop-2-yl Hydroperoxide: A Convenient Reagent for the Synthesis of Hydroperoxides and Peracids." P.H. Dussault* and A. Sahli, J. Org. Chem. 1992, 57, 1009 (Erratum on safety: ibid, 2978 10.1021/jo00036a048)
9. "A New Synthon for Optically Active Diene Hydroperoxides" P.H. Dussault*, I.Q. Lee, and S. Kreifels, J. Org. Chem. 1991, 56, 4087-9. 10.1021/jo00013a001
8. "An Olefination-Based Route to Unsaturated Hydroperoxides" P.H. Dussault* and A. Sahli, Tetrahedron Lett. 1990, 31, 5117-5120.
- Roman Shchepin (PhD, December 2006). Investigation of quorum sensing in C. albicans Postdoc, Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University (Porter)
- Chunping Xu (PhD., August 2006); Total synthesis of peroxyacarnoic acids and peroxyplakoric acids Postdoc, Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
- Peng Dai, PhD, December 2004; Synthetic Approches to the Plakinic Acids; Albany Molecular Research Institute.
Recent Graduates (MS)
- Kyle Mott, In-situ capture of carbonyl oxides : direct ozonolytic conversion of alkenes to carbonyls MS, August 2004, Siegwerks, (Des Moines, IA)
- Tony Trullinger; Ph.D.; NIH postdoc at University of Michigan
- Qiang Han, MS; Graduate student at Penn
- Jeff Schultz, Ph.D.; NIH postdoc at UC Irvine; Arena Pharm. (San Diego)
- Su Cho-Schultz, MS; Scientist, Pfizer, La Jolla, CA
- Bridget Miller, MS; Scientist, Pharmacia-Upjohn
- Todd Eary, Ph.D.; NIH postdoc at Univ. of Texas; Array-Biopharma (CO)
- Don Davies, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor at Weber State University (UT)