An applicant with any of the following is eligible for graduate admission:
- A four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- An equivalent degree as evaluated by the UNL Office of Graduate Studies.
- UNL senior standing within 9 hours of graduation. See Hold for Graduate Credit.
Visiting, Intercampus, and Change of Campus
From outside NU: Visiting
Non-degree visiting admission enables students to take a few classes at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln while continuing to be a degree-seeking student at their home institution. For example, an MS student at a university in Kansas may want to take one semester of courses at Nebraska and then finish the MS in Kansas.
Visiting applicants must be both:
- Actively pursuing a graduate degree at an academic institution outside the University of Nebraska
- In good standing at that home institution.
- Application and materials
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies:
When we've received your application, fee, and letter of good standing, we'll review your file and contact you if additional information is needed. Once all materials have been received, allow 3 to 5 business days for this step.
If you are admitted we'll notify you by email and mail your Certificate of Admission along with other important information for incoming students.
Within NU: Intercampus Enrollment
Intercampus Enrollment enables a student active at one University of Nebraska campus (UNL, UNO, UNK, or UNMC) to take a few courses at another.
- Be admitted and in good, active standing at your home campus.
- Consult an academic advisor to ensure that the class(es) you plan to take at the visiting campus will be applicable at your home campus in the way you intend.
Complete the Intercampus Application.
- Review Allow 3 to 5 business days.
- Home Campus: First the campus which admitted you and will confer your degree (if applicable) will review the request.
- Visiting Campus: Next the campus where you will enroll for the term will review the request.
You'll be notified by email.
Within NU: Change of Campus
Change of Campus enables a student currently or recently enrolled at one University of Nebraska campus (UNL, UNO, UNK, or UNMC) to have their academic documents, such as transcripts and test scores, forwarded to another NU campus at which they are applying for admission.