Advanced Horticulture, Cert
This program provides students with the opportunity to explore the field of horticulture beyond an entry-level perspective and experience the breadth and diversity of the field with maximum flexibility in course selection.
The Advanced Horticulture graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program designed for Extension agents involved in horticulture-related programs; K-12 science teachers; golf course superintendents; municipal parks' employees; landscape maintenance practitioners; nursery, greenhouse, and garden center professionals; and serious horticultural enthusiasts, such as Master Gardeners. Courses are available in tree, floral, fruit and grape production, as well as in interior plants and business management.
All coursework for this certificate is completed online through Great Plains IDEA consortium.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (undergraduate and/or graduate)
- Letter of intent
- Resume or vita
- Three letters of recommendation
NOTE: When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.