K-3 Mathematics Specialist, Cert
The K-3 Mathematics Specialist Certificate is offered through Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education with support from the NebraskaMATH grant.
This certificate is especially helpful for starting the careers of new teachers, but experienced educators can also benefit from the specialized instruction in math education.
This certificate is for educators in the NebraskaMATH program looking to enhance their credentials in mathematics education. Educators who earn this certificate can continue as a generalist, teaching in all subjects or move into the role of a math specialist.
All courses are taught on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln city campus or at NebraskaMATH approved sites.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Applicants must be admitted to the NebraskaMATH program
- Two letters of recommendation
February 1st for summer or fall admission. October 1st for spring admission.
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.