Medical/Family Therapy, Cert
The Certificate provides an educational background that can be an initial step toward Accredited Financial Counseling (AFC) or Certified Housing Counselor (CHC) designations through the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE).
The Financial and Housing Counseling Certificate Program enhances an already existing Master's degree in Family Financial Planning by specifically addressing the needs of the Military Advancement Academic Program (MAAP), a program of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Alliance (GP-IDEA) that focuses on career needs of Military Personnel and Military Spouses.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
Fall: June 1; Spring: October 1; Summer: January 15
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
* Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.