Mixed Methods Research, Cert
The Mixed Methods Research graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential that can provide you with the research skills necessary to fulfill this very important need.
The pressure to conduct research by federal, state and accreditation agencies is becoming more and more prevalent in a variety of settings including academia and health care. Research is increasingly reliant on mixed methods techniques.
This certificate is well-suited for current and future doctoral students seeking to enhance their professional skills and training. Individuals with no training in mixed methods research, such as those from the allied-health professions, would also benefit from the coursework.
|Statistics: Choose 1 course (3 cr)|
|EDPS 859||Statistical Methods 1||3|
|EDPS 860||Applications of Selected Advanced Statistics 1||3|
|EDPS 941||Intermediate Statistics: Experimental Methods||3|
|EDPS 942||Intermediate Statistics: Correlational Methods||3|
|EDPS 971||Structural Equation Modeling||3|
|EDPS 972||Multivariate Analysis||3|
|Measurement: Choose 1 course (3 cr)|
|EDPS 870||Introduction to Educational and Psychological Measurement 1||3|
|EDPS 970||Theory and Methods of Educational Measurement||3|
|Qualitative Methods: Choose 1 course (3 cr)|
|EDPS 900K||Qualitative Approaches to Educational Research 1||3|
|EDPS 935||Seminar in Qualitative Research 1||3|
|EDPS 930A||Ethnographic Methods||3|
|EDPS 930D||Discourse Analysis Across School, Home and Community Settings||3|
|Mixed Methods: Choose 1 course (3 cr)|
|EDPS 936||Mixed Methods Research 1||3|
|Elective: 1 course (3 cr)|
|Choose one additional course from the Statistics, Measurement, or Qualitative Methods sections.|
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Personal statement
- Three recommenders
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5
January 15th (for fall) and October 1st (for Spring)
NOTE: When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.