Teacher Certification (Initial), NDE
- Biology 7-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- English Language Arts 7-12
- Elementary Education K-6
- Secondary English 7-12
- Earth and Space Science 7-12
- Family and Consumer Sciences 6-12
- Mathematics 6-12
- Physics 7-12
- Science 7-12
- School Counselor PK-8
- School Counselor 7-12
- Special Education: Early Childhood B-K
- Special Education Generalist K-6
- Special Education Generalist 7-12
- Speech Language Pathologist B-21
- School Psychologist PK-12
- World Language: French 7-12
- World Language: German 7-12
- World Language: Spanish 7-12
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
NOTE: When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.