Curriculum and Program Resources

Curriculum Changes

Requests for Curriculum Action are now processed in CREQ.

  • If interested in proposing graduate curriculum action, first review the guidelines governing curriculum change in the program's home college.
  • Supporting documentation (syllabus, statement of justification, cross-listing memos) should be uploaded into the CREQ system.

For more information contact Caroline Knuth.

Curriculum Approval Reports

Reminders for 400/800

  • Proposals for 800-level courses that have a 400-level counterpart must include a sample syllabus clearly differentiating the work required of graduate students as opposed to undergraduate students uploaded in the CREQ system.
  • 400/800-level courses need approval of both the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and the UNL Graduate Council (within the CREQ system).

Program Management

Propose a New Program

Proposal Forms

Send completed form(s) and any supporting documentation to:

Office of Graduate Studies
1100 Seaton Hall
City Campus 0619


The UNL Graduate Council, which must approve all proposals for new certificates and specializations, meets monthly during the academic year. Those proposals received by the first of each month are most likely to be reviewed by the Council that same month.

About CIP Codes

The Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) is a taxonomy for identifying fields of study uniformly across institutions. As you prepare a proposal, consider which CIP code best fits your program and include the CIP code in your proposal. The National Center for Education Statistics provides further information to aid selection of CIP codes.