The Graduate Student Travel Award will provide support for student travel to present at professional conferences as well as student travel for work directly related to dissertation/thesis projects. The award will assist advanced Nebraska graduate students in sharing their scholarly and creative work beyond our state lines.
- Must be admitted to a department with a specific degree objective.
- Registered full-time (9 credit hours), or full-time certified during the academic year (fall and spring).
- Registered for at least one credit hour during the summer term in which you plan to travel. Summer registration is not required if traveling only during the fall and spring terms.
- In good academic standing with the department and the Office of Graduate Studies and good financial standing with the Office of Student Accounts.
- Must be classified as a student, employees of the university are not eligible to apply. Students holding an assistantship may apply.
- Students may receive only 2 awards while in their degree program.
- Travel must be within the United States.
How to Apply
Once you've reviewed the eligibility requirements, prepare your application & supporting documentation:
Students may request up to $1,500 per academic year, please submit a completed application & supporting documentation at least one month prior to the proposed trip.
Submit by email to Caroline Knuth
What Happens Next
- The Office of Graduate Studies will grant the award based on an internal review assessing the necessity of travel, feasibility, planning, & departmental support.
- All applicants will be notified via email of the final decision.
- A student will receive the award through their Student Account (domestic) OR Payroll (international).
- Recipients who have a current payroll record will receive this award amount in their monthly paycheck. Recipients without a current payroll record will receive a check for the amount of the award.
- Please contact Caroline Knuth with any questions.