The Graduate Student Travel Award will provide support for student travel to present at professional conferences as well as student travel for work directly related to dissertation/thesis projects. The award will assist advanced Nebraska graduate students in sharing their scholarly and creative work beyond our state lines.
- Must be admitted to a department with a specific degree objective.
- Registered full-time (9 credit hours), or full-time certified during the academic year (fall and spring).
- Registered for at least one credit hour during the summer term in which you plan to travel. Summer registration is not required if traveling only during the fall and spring terms.
- In good academic standing with the department and the Office of Graduate Studies and good financial standing with the Office of Student Accounts.
- Must be classified as a student, employees of the university are not eligible to apply. Students holding an assistantship may apply.
- Students may receive only 2 awards while in their degree program.
How to Apply
Once you've reviewed the eligibility requirements, prepare your application & supporting documentation:
Students may request up to $1,500 per academic year, please submit a completed application & supporting documentation at least 6 weeks prior to the proposed trip.
Submit by email to Caroline Knuth
What Happens Next
- The Office of Graduate Studies will grant the award based on an internal review assessing the necessity of travel, feasibility, planning, & departmental support.
- All applicants will be notified via email of the final decision.
- Award payments are transferred to your department.
- Please contact Caroline Knuth with any questions.