For international applicants
While the application process is mostly the same for everyone, applicants from outside the U.S. have a few additional requirements, described here.
These additional requirements relate to international students' wide range of linguistic and educational backgrounds and their need to follow U.S. immigration regulations.
If you are not a U.S. citizen or you have been educated outside the U.S. you may be asking yourself these questions:
- Degrees: Is my degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree?
- Transcripts: What academic records will I need to provide?
- Financial Resources and Visa Forms: Will I have enough money to support myself and my family? Will I need a form from Nebraska for a visa interview?
- English Proficiency: Am I prepared for graduate coursework taught in English?
- Deadlines: Am I allowing enough time to meet deadlines and to schedule my visa appointment?
- Arriving in the United States: How should I prepare?
These resources will help you answer your questions.