For international applicants
International students comprise a significant portion of our applicants and our graduate student body. At the Fall 2017 census, international students representing 94 countries made up 22% of our total graduate enrollment.
While many aspects of the application process are the same for all students, applicants from outside the U.S. have a few additional requirements in recognition of their wide variety of linguistic and educational backgrounds and their need to follow U.S. immigration regulations.
If you are not a U.S. citizen or you have been educated outside the U.S. you may be asking yourself these questions:
- Is my degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree?
- What academic records will I need to provide?
- Will I have enough money to support myself and my family?
- Am I prepared for graduate coursework taught in English?
- Am I allowing enough time to meet deadlines and to schedule my visa appointment?
- Will I need a form from Nebraska for a visa interview?
- How should I prepare for arriving in the United States?
These resources will help you answer your questions.