Giving Improves Life In Lincoln and Lancaster County2018-19 UNL Combined Campaign for Health and Human Services October 29 - November 30, 2018
One Gift Helps Many
When you give to the UNL Combined Campaign, it creates lasting changes in your community. Here are just some of the ways that your gift can impact lives.
Your $7 donation given to the United Way Impact Fund...
- Gives a student access to an educational and culturally relevant field trip.
- Buys housewares or clothing for a victim of domestic violence.
- Provides a free Better Living Toolkit to an individual with arthritis.
Your $10 donation given to the United Way Impact Fund...
- Provides one week of literacy tutoring and mentoring for one student.
- Buys a bus pass for one month, so that a person without transportation is able to access critical services.
- Gives access to a lung health hotline to the family of a child with asthma.
Your $25 donation given to the United Way Impact Fund...
- Gives 20 students access to an ACT prep course, including all materials and sample test.
- Buys diapers and wipes for a young parent.
- Provides a career assessment session for an adult with autism.
Your $50 donation given to the United Way Impact Fund...
- Covers the cost of one of the four required tests to complete the GED.
- Provides a family escaping from domestic violence with one night of emergency shelter at a hotel.
- Provides an Everyday Wisdom Kit to help families with children who have type 1 diabetes.
Your $10 donation given through Community Services Fund...
- Pays for the monthly fitness center pass for a low-income older adult through the Seniors Foundation of Lincoln & Lancaster County.
- Provides a treatment workbook for a client who has experienced trauma at The Bridge Behavioral Health.
Your $20 donation given through Community Services Fund...
- Helps provide a month of insulin for a diabetic patient without health insurance at Bluestem Health.
- Supplies the Artist Studio for one week at the Lincoln Children’s Museum.
Your $30 donation given through Community Services Fund...
- Provides five days’ worth of meals for a recipient of Tabitha’s Meals on Wheels program.
- Microchips three pets at Capital Humane Society.
Your $50 donation given through Community Services Fund...
- Purchases sunscreen and beach towels for Dani’s Make-A-Wish Nebraska trip to the ocean for the first time.
- Pays for one youth to attend Cub Scout Day Camp or Twilight Camp through Boy Scouts of American – Cornhusker Council.
|Department / Unit||Percent Returned|
|College of Nursing||87.9%|
|Alumni Association and Chancellor||69.6%|
|College of Law||68.2%|
|Business and Finance||65.9%|
|Information Technology Services||58.1%|
|College of Arts and Sciences||51.4%|
|College of Architecture||48.8%|
|Research and Economic Development||43.5%|
|College of Journalism and Mass Communications||38.9%|
|College of Business||28.2%|
|College of Education & Human Sciences||21.4%|
|Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources||17.6%|
|College of Engineering||15.6%|
|College of Dentistry||9.9%|
|Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts||7%|
Promote the Campaign
Download a .zip file of communication assets (posters, participation cards, newsletter content, social posts and campaign marks) to help promote the 2018-19 Combined Campaign in your area.
(8mb .zip file)
Download the Speaker Request Form (.doc file) if you're interested in hosting a United Way speaker at your employee meeting.