One of the most important things you can do as a student is establish a significant working relationship with your academic advisor. Your advisor can help you find the resources and tools you need to explore, define, and accomplish your academic and career goals. See your advisor to learn more about research opportunities, community involvement, study abroad, planning for graduation and post-graduate programs, and more.
College Advising Resources
Each college at the university offers academic and career advising services. Students who participate in programs such as the University Honors Program and Athletics may also have auxiliary advisors.
- Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
- Arts & Sciences
- Education & Human Sciences
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine & Performing Arts
- Journalism & Mass Communications
Graduate and Law Students
Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center
The Explore Center provides advising services for undeclared students and those exploring majors, as well as serving as an advising resource for pre-professional students. Our advisors help students explore a variety of academic programs, select classes for majors of interest, and ensure progress towards the ACE general education requirements. They also help pre-health and pre-law students with selecting prerequisites and meaningful extracurricular experiences, developing a timeline for applying to professional schools, and planning for entrance exams and the application process.
Other Advising Resources
- Honors Program
- The Honors Program provides advising services to assist Honors students in achieving academic excellence and navigating the program requirements.
- Athletic counselors work with every student-athlete to provide guidance, support and resources.
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- The School of Criminology and Criminal Justice offers one program that is accessible on both the Lincoln and Omaha campuses. The Lincoln advising office provides help with UNL-specific registration, courses, internships, scholarships, graduation, jobs, speakers, and events.
- Career Exploration and Services
- Career counselors assist student with career exploration, networking, and securing internships and jobs. Several career assessments to explore interests, skills and values are available for free or a small fee.