The application for membership in the ODK chapter at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will open August 30th and must be submitted no later than October 29th, 2021 at 11:59 PM. If you have questions concerning the selection process, completing the application, or Omicron Delta Kappa, please do not hesitate to contact the Membership Committee: email@example.com
The Lincoln Circle is aligning more with national values and will no longer be an exclusive senior honor society. We will be accepting applications from current Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students at UNL. This means that current Juniors who apply to ODK have the potential to be in ODK and can still apply and become a member of another senior honorary on campus.
ODK, the National Leadership Society, is one of four members of the Honor Society Caucus, a consortium of the most prestigious honor societies in the country. ODK recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership, and exemplary character. Omicron Delta Kappa was founded December 3, 1914, at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia by fifteen students and faculty leaders. The society recognizes achievement in:
- Campus or community service, social and religious activities, and campus government
- Journalism, speech and mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Who Can Apply
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two semesters as a full-time student by October 2nd (two semesters for transfer students) at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student standing during the 2021-2022 school year.
- A cumulative grade point average must be in the top 35% of class within applicant’s respective college.
- An achievement of distinction in one of the five areas of leadership listed on this application.
How To Apply
To apply for membership to ODK you must:
- Fill out the first part of the application here. Search for "University of Nebraska - Lincoln" in "College/University Name," and then select "Junior". You are required to enter your NUID as the student ID number. This will be used to match your application on the ODK website to the other pieces of your application.
- Fill out the second part of the application here. Fill out the entirety of the application. Please complete four essays (250 words maximum). There are two required prompts and three optional questions. From the optional essays, pick two. Your application will not be considered if you fail to complete four essays.
- You are required to submit a letter of recommendation. Please ask your letter writer to submit the letter here by October 29, 2021. If your letter writer is not an affiliate of UNL, please have them e-mail the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent bias from influencing our selection of new members, ODK uses a blind evaluation process. It is essential that none of your application materials contain your name. Only provide your name when it is specifically requested.