ODK, the National Leadership Society, is one of four members of the Honor Society Caucus, a consortium of the most prestigious honor societies in the country. ODK recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership, and exemplary character. Omicron Delta Kappa was founded December 3, 1914, at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia by fifteen students and faculty leaders. The society recognizes achievement in:
- Campus or community service, social and religious activities, and campus government
- Journalism, speech and mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Who Can Apply
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least five semesters as a full-time student (three semesters for transfer students) at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
- Senior or Graduate Student standing during the 2018-2019 school year.
- A cumulative grade point average must be in the top 35% of class within applicant’s respective college.
- An achievement of distinction in one of the five areas of leadership listed on this application.
How To Apply
- Access the online application here.
- Search for “University of Nebraska-Lincoln” in “College/University Name,” and then select “junior.”
- You are required to enter your student ID and complete all five essays (250 words max per essay). Your application will not be considered if you fail to complete all five essays.
- Submit the name of one individual to write a letter of recommendation here. We will contact letter-writers and notify you when the letter has been received.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are applying to the Innocents Society and/or Mortar Board as well, you will need to download this form and submit it to the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs in Canfield Administration building.
To prevent bias from influencing our selection of new members, ODK uses a blind evaluation process. It is essential that none of your application materials contain your name. Only provide your name when it is specifically requested.
If you feel you can express your answer more effectively through a creative project, you may replace one of the essays with it. Please, indicate your choice of a creative project by typing “CREATIVE PROJECT” in the text box of the essay you are not answering, and then include a short description of your creative project. If you are completing a creative project, you must drop it off at the Nebraska Union by 4:00 PM on January 18th. Current ODK members will be at the Union on Friday, January 18th from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. If this time does not work for you please contact email@example.com to arrange a drop-off time prior to Friday, January 18th. You must contact us no later than Monday, January 14th to make arrangements.