The application for membership in the ODK chapter at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will open September 26 and must be submitted no later than October 28th, 2022 at 11:59 PM. If you have questions concerning the selection process, completing the application, or Omicron Delta Kappa, please do not hesitate to contact the Membership Committee: email@example.com
The Lincoln Circle is aligning more with national values and will no longer be an exclusive senior honor society. We will be accepting applications from current Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students at UNL. This means that current Juniors who apply to ODK have the potential to be in ODK and can still apply and become a member of another senior honorary on campus.
ODK, the National Leadership Society, is one of four members of the Honor Society Caucus, a consortium of the most prestigious honor societies in the country. ODK recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership, and exemplary character. Omicron Delta Kappa was founded December 3, 1914, at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia by fifteen students and faculty leaders. The society recognizes achievement in:
- Campus or community service, social and religious activities, and campus government
- Journalism, speech and mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Who Can Apply
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two semesters as a full-time student by October 2nd (two semesters for transfer students) at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student standing during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Cumulative grade point average must be 3.3 or higher.
- An achievement of distinction in one or more of the five areas of leadership listed on this application.
How To Apply
To apply for membership to ODK you must:
- Fill out the application here. Search for "University of Nebraska - Lincoln" in "College/University Name." You are required to enter your NUID as the student ID number. This will be used to match your application on the ODK website to the other pieces of your application. Fill the application out in its entirety. Please complete the three essays (250 words maximum for each). Your application will not be considered if you fail to complete the essays.
- You are required to submit a letter of recommendation. Please ask your letter writer to email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line.
To prevent bias from influencing our selection of new members, ODK uses a blind evaluation process. It is essential that none of your application materials (except your letter of recommendation) contain your name. Only provide your name when it is specifically requested.