"A much needed rainstorm threatened to intrude on this year's writing marathon at the Benedictine retreat center near Schuyler Nebraska. the magic of the marathon worked its way into the day..."
"The Omaha Writing Group decided to spend the longest night of the year experiencing the world from the seat of a kayak...They spent the evening adrift, watching the setting sun and listening to the environment surrounding them..."
2013 Poetry of Place
Read the representative poetry of place written by Nebraska student poets
Carol MacDaniels Teacher of the Year
Susan Martens, “artist-scholar-philosopher-humanitarian-practitioner...”
2013 Kearney Marathon
Starts with Tango and Ends with Potluck
2013 Administrative Support Award
North Star principal Vann Price receives the 2013 award
The Nebraska Writing Project, a network of professional educators and affiliated writers, provides opportunities to improve, enhance and celebrate writing for classrooms and communities across Nebraska.
- • The best teachers of writing are writers themselves.
- • Teachers provide the best instruction for other teachers.
- • Anyone, no matter their ability level, can improve their writing in a supportive context with other practicing writers.
- • True school reform comes through democratic partnerships across grade levels.
- • Teachers, students and communities benefit when teachers form networks with other teachers and draw on collective expertise.
- To provide educators, through continuing Nebraska Writing Project programs, opportunities to:
- network with other teachers,
- reflect on and improve teaching, and
- act publicly to improve education in our state and region.
- To provide schools, colleges, and universities with an effective professional development model.
- To identify, celebrate, and enhance the professional roles of successful classroom teachers.