2013 Poetry of Place
Read the representative poetry of place written by Nebraska student poets
Starts with Tango and Ends with Potluck
2013 Spring Gathering
North Star Slam Poets perform (story under construction)
The Nebraska Writing Project, a network of professional educators and affiliated writers, provides opportunities to improve, enhance and celebrate writing for classrooms and communities across Nebraska.
- • The best teachers of writing are writers themselves.
- • Teachers provide the best instruction for other teachers.
- • Anyone, no matter their ability level, can improve their writing in a supportive context with other practicing writers.
- • True school reform comes through democratic partnerships across grade levels.
- • Teachers, students and communities benefit when teachers form networks with other teachers and draw on collective expertise.
- To provide educators, through continuing Nebraska Writing Project programs, opportunities to:
- network with other teachers,
- reflect on and improve teaching, and
- act publicly to improve education in our state and region.
- To provide schools, colleges, and universities with an effective professional development model.
- To identify, celebrate, and enhance the professional roles of successful classroom teachers.