The rest of Execs will be voted on at our March GSA meeting. Committee chairs will be appointed at our March meeting, as well.
If you are interested in running for an Executive position on GSA, please contact us so we can provide you with the relevant information and necessary steps.
Assembly MeetingsThe decision making body of the GSA meets the first Tuesday of every month (except September/January, second Tuesday) during the academic year at 7:00 pm in the Nebraska Union. The location will be posted in the Union.
About UNL Graduate Student Assembly
The GSA has made large strides since our inception in 2005 to improve graduate student life at UNL.
1. Merged with ASUN for better representation of graduate students in the student governing body at UNL
2. Organized and ran a graduate-student career fair, in conjunction with UNMC, UNO, and Creighton Universities.
3.Worked with Graduate Studies to develop a funding source for travel grants for students through departments.
4. Worked with the Parking Advisory Committee to make monthly payment of parking passes available to graduate students.
5. Worked with the Accounts and Billing Office to allow graduate students to pay their tuition and fees monthly rather than in a lump sum.
6. Hosting the annual Graduate Student Appreciation Week
Even so, we have a long list of initiatives and goals we hope to achieve. Some of our current tasks include:
1. Creation of a University-wide Graduate Student Bill of Rights
2. Creation of University-wide Graduate Student Leave Policies
3. Improved Graduate Student Representation on University Committees
4. Developing a clear, University-wide understanding of Graduate Student Assistant (TA and RA) employment status.
If you have any questions on these items or have new issues for us to examine, feel free to contact us at
To subscribe, send a plain text email to. The body of the email must say in one line:
Subscribe UNL-GSA yourfirstname yourlastname
All UNL graduate students are automatically members of the GSA and are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings and social events. See our Facebook page for more details about social and professional development events.
If you are interested in working more directly on a graduate-student issue, contact us directly and we can let you know how to move forward.
Departmental Representatives for the Assembly
Each department has a rep on the Legislative Assembly. Any graduate student can serve as a departmental rep to work on issues that affect graduate students. To see an explanation of the position and whether your department is represented, visit our department representatives page.
Campus Representatives for the Assembly
Any graduate student can be appointed for a campus rep position. These members are approved by the Legislative Assembly and serve all the duties of a departmental representative. To see the an explanation of the position and if a spot is open for your campus, see campus representatives.
Serve on one of our Standing Committees
Any graduate student can serve on one of our committees to find solutions to graduate student issues or plan future GSA events. This is a great networking opportunity for graduate students across both campuses. See if there are any committees you would be interested in joining.
Attend Monthly Meetings
Every graduate student is welcome to attend our monthly Assembly Meetings. This is where you will learn the details of our initiatives and upcoming events. If you'd like to speak at one of our meetings, send us an email or show up ahead of time so we can add you to the agenda.