Legislative Assembly Meetings: 1st Tuesday of each month September-April, 7pmThe decision making body of the GSA meets the first Tuesday of every month during the academic year at 7:00 pm in the Nebraska Union. The location is posted in Union.
About UNL Graduate Student Association
The GSA has made large strides since our inception in 2005 to improve graduate student life at UNL.
1. Worked with Graduate Studies to develop a funding source for travel grants for students through departments.
2. Worked with the Parking Advisory Committee to make monthly payment of parking passes available to graduate students.
3. Worked with the Accounts and Billing Office to allow graduate students to pay their tuition and fees monthly rather than in a lump sum.
Even so, we have a long list of initiatives and goals we hope to achieve. Some of our current tasks include:
1. Creation of a University-wide Graduate Student Bill of Rights
2. Creation of University-wide Graduate Student Leave Policies
3. Improved Graduate Student Representation on University Committees
4. Developing a clear, University-wide understanding of Graduate Student Assistant (TA and RA) employment status.
If you have any questions on these items or have new issues for us to examine, feel free to contact us at
To subscribe, send a plain text email to. The body of the email must say in one line:
Subscribe UNL-GSA yourfirstname yourlastname
All UNL graduate students are automatically members of the GSA and are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings and social events. See our Facebook page for more details about social and professional development events.
If you are interested in working more directly on a graduate-student issue, contact us directly and we can let you know how to move forward.
Departmental Representatives for the Legislative Assembly
Each department has a rep on the Legislative Assembly. Any graduate student can serve as a departmental rep to work on issues that affect graduate students. To see an explanation of the position and whether your department is represented, visit our department representatives page.
Campus Representatives for the Legislative Assembly
Any graduate student can be appointed for a campus rep position. These members are approved by the Legislative Assembly and serve all the duties of a departmental representative. To see the an explanation of the position and if a spot is open for your campus, see campus representatives.
Serve on one of our Standing Committees
Any graduate student can serve on one of our committees to find solutions to graduate student issues or plan future GSA events. This is a great networking opportunity for graduate students across both campuses. See if there are any committees you would be interested in joining.
Attend Monthly Meetings
Every graduate student is welcome to attend our monthly Legislative Assembly Meetings. This is where you will learn the details of our initiatives and upcoming events. If you'd like to speak at one of our meetings, send us an email or show up ahead of time so we can add you to the agenda.