The Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship was established in 2020 with a generous donation from B. Keith and Norma Heuermann. The fellowship recognizes doctoral program students for excellence in plant science research and their potential for accomplishments in the field. Recipients of the Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship will receive a $2,500 stipend that will be disbursed in two $1,250 installments, one in August 2020 and one in January 2021. The Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship is non-renewable and does not entail any service requirements.
- Open to any student conducting plant science-related research
- Full-time PhD student status
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater
- Graduation date after May 2021
Recipients will be selected based on their academic performance and potential for accomplishments in their specific field.
- Completed application form (link below)
- Two (2) letters of reference; one must be from the student’s advisor
- Statement of Career Intentions
- Current CV
- Current academic transcripts
All application materials are due by July 31, 2020. Instructions on how to upload additional documents will be sent after application submission. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.