The Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship was established in 2020 with a generous donation from B. Keith and Norma Heuermann. The fellowship recognizes doctoral program students for excellence in plant science research and their potential for accomplishments in the field. Recipients of the Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship will receive a $2,500 stipend that will be disbursed in two $1,250 installments, one in Fall 2021 and one in Spring 2022. The Heuermann UNL Plant Science Fellowship is non-renewable and does not entail any service requirements.
- Open to any student conducting plant science-related research
- Full-time PhD student status
- Graduation date after May 2022
- Not a previous recipient
Recipients will be selected based on their academic performance and potential for accomplishments in their specific field.
- Completed application form (link below)
- Two (2) letters of reference; one must be from the student’s advisor
- Brief description of applicant’s research and its significance written for the general public and statement of career intentions (≤150 words).
- Current CV
- Current transcripts
All application materials are due by August 20, 2021. Instructions on how to upload additional documents will be sent after application submission. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.