All incoming, first-year and/or unmarried UNL students enrolled for six or more credit hours, and who are under the age of 19 prior to the first day of the fall semester of the current academic year are required to reside in approved University options. For first-year Buffett scholars, these options include living in University Housing residence halls, University-approved Greek housing, commuting from the home of a parent/guardian or close relative within a 30-mile radius of UNL, or commuting from home as a legally emancipated minor. First-year Buffett scholars who live in University Housing reside in the William H. Thompson Scholars Living-Learning Community in Harper Hall. The William H. Thompsons Scholars Living-Learning Community offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Engage with other scholars within the community to build meaningful relationships, friendships, and networks.
- Experience a living setting that is active and supportive.
- Share space with scholars that allows for a chance to plan, attend, and explore various opportunities and resources at UNL and the Lincoln community.
- Special programs for scholars that focus on social, community, academic, personal and professional topics.
- A Study Café scholars have access to within Harper Hall that allows for a collaborative learning environment, interaction with mentors, class tutors, and faculty engagement.
- Close proximity to Harper Dining Hall.
Any questions regarding housing can be directed to William H. Thompson Scholars staff member Preston Phelps by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 402-472-5540. Please feel free to check out University Housing website for housing related information.