Living-Learning Community Benefits
Benefits of living in the William H. Thompson Scholars Living-Learning Community include:
- Engaging with other scholars within the community to build lasting bonds, friendships, and networks.
- Experience a living setting that is active and supportive and is an exciting place to live and learn.
- Common place of residence that allows students a chance to plan, attend and explore various opportunities and resources, both within the community and the University as a whole.
- Peer mentoring/advising within residence halls.
- Special programming to familiarize scholars with various topics – including social, community, academic, personal, and professional.
- Out of classroom collaborative learning environment through use of the Study Café and interaction with mentors, tutors and faculty.
The success of the living-learning component has been an establishment of a family feeling among scholars.
Any questions regarding housing can be directed to William H. Thompson Scholars staff by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 402-472-1989.