(Applications accepted starting March 2017)
The Nebraska Writing Project seeks Advisory Board Members to serve a renewable three-year term, beginning at the Summer Advisory Board Retreat July 10-11. Appointment decisions will be made by the Director, after gathering advice from the NeWP Leadership Team.
- Email a brief (one page maximum) letter to:
Robert Brooke, NeWP Director, email@example.com.
- Indicate in your message any particular experience or ideas you would bring to this position. Please indicate as well your experience with the NeWP network through programs such as Summer and Rural Institutes, mini-grants and reading/writing groups, teacher-research team work, etc.
- If you are new to NeWP, please attach a short resume or vita.
- NeWP will begin accepting applications March 1, and continue until suitable candidates are found.
The NeWP Advisory Board is a group of 20 – 25 teachers representing rural, urban, and suburban communities in the state who give advice, direction, and leadership to the Nebraska Writing Project.
NeWP Advisory Board Members are involved in the following:
- evaluating the NeWP site in relation to the NWP's model, as well as the NeWP's many networks and initiatives
- advising the NeWP Director and Co-Directors on the development and initiation of new programs to serve Nebraska's teachers better
- providing leadership in the many NeWP programs, especially inservice and continuity programs to other teachers and communities served by the NeWP network
Appointments to the Advisory Board are made for a three-year renewable term, which begins and ends at the summer NeWP Board Retreat. Attendance at the semi-annual Advisory Board Retreats in January and July is expected. Nebraska Writing Project covers room and board for the Board Retreats.