July 25-27, 2018St. Benedict Retreat Center in Schuyler, Nebraska
The Nebraska Writing Project’s Summer Writing Retreat supports the development of personal, professional and creative writing. The structure of this retreat is designed to accommodate writers at any level in their process and to help them to develop pieces for a wide variety of purposes and audiences.
Through participation in small writing groups and additional opportunities to share writing, participants will become part of a community of writers. We welcome writers with a wide range of interests, experiences and content-area knowledge.
The NeWP Summer Writing Retreat offers:
- an opportunity for un-interrupted, focused, productive writing
- small writing groups with space and time to share writing
- a highly supportive writing community of Writing Project teacher-consultants
The retreat takes place over three days and two nights. Participants should arrive prepared for a 10:00 start on July 25th. The final read around will conclude Friday the 27th at 3:30. The expectation is that participants are available for the entire retreat.
Support from colleagues and coaches as well as shared reading time will be scheduled throughout the retreat; however, space and time to write will be the priority. The fee for the retreat is $250 which includes two-nights lodging (single room) and all meals. Participants are responsible for travel costs and incidentals.
Summer Writing Retreat Application
In your application letter, please include the following information: name, Writing Project affiliation and experience (if applicable), email address, mailing address, phone number, professional affiliation or school/district where writing may be utilized.
In addition, please respond to the following questions in no more than a total of 500 words:
- What has been your professional or personal writing experience, and what is your interest in participating in this retreat?
- What is the work [project or writing pieces] you hope to accomplish at the retreat?
- As a writer, what type of support will you need at the retreat and what do you hope to accomplish during this time?
Application Deadline: May 14, 2018
Send e-mail applications to:
NeWP Co-Director and Retreat Coordinator
OR send paper applications to:
Nebraska Writing Project
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
202 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333
Attn: Summer Writing Retreat