July 12-14, 2017St. Benedict Retreat Center in Schuyler, Nebraska
The Nebraska Writing Project’s Summer Writing Retreat supports the development of personal, professional and creative writing. The structure of this retreat is designed to accommodate writers at any level in their development and offers small group supportive structure as well as one-to-one facilitator feedback. This writing retreat will focus on developing writing intended for professional audiences, publications as well as personal use. Such publication opportunities might include but not limited to submissions to NWP publications such as The Voice or The Quarterly, national publications such as The English Journal, local professional development workshops, school district seminars and proposals for professional conferences.
The NeWP Summer Writing Retreat offers:
- an opportunity for un-interrupted, focused, productive writing
- small writing groups with space and time to share writing
- a highly supportive writing community of Writing Project teacher-consultants
Summer Writing Retreat Application
In your application letter, please include the following information: name, Writing Project experience, email address, mailing address, phone number, professional affiliation or school where writing will be utilized. In addition, please respond to the following questions in no more than a total of 500 words:
- What has been your professional or personal writing experience, and what is your interest in participating in this retreat?
- What is the work [project] you hope to accomplish at the retreat (the more specific you can be, the better), and how would you describe its potential relevance to your professional community, colleagues, writing project site, personal goals or school community?
- As a writer, what type of support will you need at the retreat?
APPLY BY May 22nd 2017.
Space is limited to twelve so early application is encouraged. The fee for the retreat is $250 which includes two-nights lodging (single room) and all meals. Participants are responsible for travel costs and incidentals. Participants should arrive prepared for a 10:00 start on July 12. The final read around will conclude Friday the 14th at 3:30.
Send e-mail application to Jane Connealy at address below OR send paper application to:
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
202 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333
Attn: Summer Writing Retreat
NeWP Co-Director Retreat Coordinator