IT’S BACK… Greek Getaway returns to campus June 16-18, 2023
Greek Getaway is an opportunity for you and your family to learn about fraternity life.
Over the course of the weekend, each IFC fraternity will be hosting up to 4 recruitment events on or near campus. You’ll have the opportunity to visit with chapter representatives to get to know more about membership expectations and activities.
We encourage you to attend several recruitment events and tour the fraternity chapter houses (if applicable). By the end of the weekend, you could even join a fraternity!
Greek Getaway has been purposefully scheduled so that students can attend New Student Enrollment (NSE) directly before or after Greek Getaway.Register for Greek Getaway Starting April 15, 2023
For many students, especially those who live far from Lincoln, it can be hard to engage in the open recruitment process at UNL. This event is specifically designed to give out-of-state and western Nebraska students an opportunity to have a more involved recruitment experience.
There will also be programming provided by the Interfraternity Council (IFC) intended to educate the incoming students about Fraternity & Sorority Life at UNL.
Registered students will be able to stay in University Suites on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus for the weekend. IFC exec officers will live in the same hall throughout the program.
(Preference to attend will be given to those students living 60 miles outside of Lincoln.)
There is a $190 dollar fee to stay with us for the weekend.
- 2 nights stay in University Suites
- Parking on campus
- Linens (pillow, sheets, blankets and fresh towels daily)
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday nights
- Lunch on Saturday
- Breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings
Summer and Fall 2023
Register for Fraternity (men's) Recruitment
IFC Fraternity Recruitment Registration Is Now Open
How Do I Join?
To participate in the fraternity recruitment process, please complete the registration form. While there is no deadline for fraternity recruitment applications, in order to have the best opportunity to visit with a number of chapters, your application should be completed as soon as possible. Fraternities may begin to offer bids for membership for their fall class starting May 20, 2023.
Recruitment chairs will have access to your application once it is submitted and will begin contacting you after they have reviewed it. You may be invited to attend activities ranging from sporting events to open houses for both you and your parents. You should visit as many chapters as possible to give you a better comparison when it is time to make your decision on which chapter to join.
For first-year students, New Student Enrollment is a great time to visit prospective chapters. Many chapters are open and tours of living units are available. Please call the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life to schedule a tour.
As you become introduced to various fraternity chapters, they may offer you a bid card. A bid card is a formal invitation to join a fraternity. The bid card is how recruitment chairmen express their interest in potential members. Once you and your parents sign the bid card, you pledge your membership to that fraternity.
Moving Into a Fraternity & Cancelling Your Residence Hall Contract
For 'NEW STUDENT' (first-year) Fraternity Potential New Members Only (not continuing students)
- Cancellations received on and after July 15 will accrue daily charges since University Housing requires a 30-day cancel notice. This rate varies based on halls.
- Students will be charged for 30 days after the completion date of the online cancellation process or the date they have turned in their room and mailbox keys (whichever is later).
- Cancel your housing contract online through the housing portal via your MyRed Account.
- Complete the Residency Exemption Form online through the housing portal via MyRED. Bid cards must be received at the Office of Fraternity Sorority Life and be for an organization with University-Approved Housing to be approved for this exemption.