Fraternity Registration Open
How Do I Join?
To participate in the fraternity recruitment process, please complete the Registration form. (Button Above). While there is no deadline for fraternity recruitment applications, in order to have the best opportunity to visit with a number of chapters, your application should be completed as soon as possible. Fraternities may begin to offer bids for membership for a spring class starting May 5th, 2019.
Recruitment chairs will have access to your application once it is submitted and will begin contacting you after they have reviewed it. You may be invited to attend activities ranging from sporting events to open houses for both you and your parents. You should visit as many chapters as possible to give you a better comparison when it is time to make your decision on which chapter to join.
As an incoming freshman, New Student Enrollment is a great time to visit prospective chapters. Many chapters are open and tours of living units are available.
University Housing – Cancelling Residence Hall Contract
For ' NEW STUDENT' (first year) Fraternity Potential New Members only (not continuing students}:
- If Pledge card signed by June 30 and housing contract cancelled by June 30 -the cancellation fee will be reduced to $200. (side note - pledge cards are being signed all over the state, not just in Lincoln. If there is a one day delay because someone did not have access to internet etc. then an exception could be considered).
- Pledge cards are to be physically received by Office of Fraternity and Sorority life on or before June 27. A scanned/emailed copy of both sides of the card can also be provided to the office if received on or before June 27 as long as the physical card follows within a week's time.
- Cancel your housing contract online by June 28, 2019 through the housing portal via your MyRed Account (http://housing.unl.edu/contract-cancellation ).
- Your pledge card must be signed by June 27, 2019 and returned to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life to receive this benefit.
- July 1, and before August 15th the cancellation fee increases to $400
Greek Getaway Summer 2019
You are formally invited to attend Nebraska’s Interfraternity Recruitment Weekend called Greek Getaway. Greek Getaway is an opportunity for you and your parents to learn about fraternity life. Over the course of the weekend, you will visit with chapter representatives to get to know more about membership expectations and activities. We encourage you to attend several recruitment events and tour the fraternity chapter houses. There is no fee for you to attend this event. By the end of the weekend, you could even join a fraternity! For many students, especially those who live far from Lincoln, it can be hard to engage in the open recruitment process at NEBRASKA. This event is specifically designed to give out-of-state and even western Nebraska students an opportunity to have a more involved recruitment experience. Over the course of the weekend, each fraternity will be hosting up to 4 recruitment events on campus. There will also be programming provided by the Interfraternity Council (IFC) intended to educate the incoming students about Greek Life at NEBRASKA. Potential new members will be able to stay in the Greek living unit for the weekend with the IFC exec officers and will get to experience what life in a fraternity house would be like before classes even start! (Preference to attend will be given to those students living 60 miles outside of Lincoln.)
Greek Getaway has been purposefully scheduled so that students can attend New Student Enrollment (NSE) directly before or after Greek Getaway.
Greek Getaway has been scheduled for June 14-16, 2019 . Contact the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life if you have questions about this program.
As you become introduced to various fraternity chapters, they may offer you a bid card. A bid card is a formal invitation to join a fraternity. The bid card is how recruitment chairmen express their interest in potential members. Once you and your parents sign the bid card, you pledge your membership to that fraternity.