Multicultural Greek CouncilInfo Session Sign Up Interest Form
The University of Nebraska - Lincoln Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) was founded on December 4, 2003 to serve Asian-interest, Latina/o-interest, and Multicultural-interest organizations on campus. The purpose of MGC is to create and maintain high academic, moral, and social standards for members. MGC accomplishes this by addressing and unifying organizations to provide community service and the enhancement of leadership skills.Open Our Community Flyer PDF
Learn More AboutLearn More About Becoming a Member of the Multicultural Greek Council at UNL Learn About Multicultural Greek Council Chapters Open Multicultural Greek Council Interest Form Learn About Multicultural Greek Council Executives
The Multicultural Greek Council is currently composed of eight organizations that serve the campus’ community. These organizations are:
- Delta Phi Lambda - A Multicultural Asian Organization
- Delta Xi Nu - A Multicultural based organization
- Kappa Delta Chi - A Historically Latina-based organization with Multicultural Membership
- Lambda Phi Epsilon - A Multicultural Asian Organization
- Lambda Theta Nu - A Historically Latina-based organization with Multicultural Membership
- Omega Delta Phi - A Historically Multicultural-based organization with Multicultural membership
- Sigma Lambda Beta - A Historically Latino-based Fraternity with Multicultural Membership
- Sigma Psi Zeta - A Multicultural Asian Interest Organization
Each member organization stresses the importance of scholastic excellence to its members and implements regular study hours and other academic programming to encourage their members to perform up to their best potential.
The minimum scholarship requirement for membership is determined by each individual national organization, usually a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Each member organization realizes the importance of community service and endeavors both individually and as a council to host beneficial programming for the UNL Community. Among other things, MGC has hosted an annual Winter Children’s Carnival, has volunteered time at a local women’s shelter, and participated in a local philanthropic event, Safe Quarters.