We are so glad that you are interested in joining the fraternity and sorority community at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Fraternity and Sorority life has a rich, almost a 150-year history at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. Throughout that time students have benefited from the community’s ideals of scholarship, leadership, service, and community. Currently, we serve over 4,200+ students representing over ~20% of the undergraduate student population.
Engaged students are proven to succeed at higher rates during their college experience. The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life works to ensure that this is possible for our students; not only to be engaged on-campus, but also within the community. Through the 50+ member organizations within our Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council and Panhellenic Association, students can find a way to be involved. Whether they're participating in Homecoming or Greek Weekend, performing service or raising funds for a philanthropic cause, our students are gaining leadership skills through their sorority/fraternity experience meant to propel them toward success in life and their future careers.
There are several ways to learn more about becoming a member of a fraternity or sorority here at Nebraska:
- Check out our chapters and recruitment processes on our website
- Attend Greek Preview by participating in Admitted Student Day
- During New Student Enrollment, stop by our table at the Information Fair in the morning
- Attend Greek Getaway (if you're interested in an IFC fraternity)
- Participate in the recruitment or intake process organized by our councils throughout the year