Why should I study English at Nebraska?
- both on-campus and online programs offered to fit your needs
- Small class sizes (12-15 students in IEP and OEP classes)
- Online classes taught by real faculty with regular personal contact, not just self-paced modules you work through alone
- Dedicated, experienced, and highly trained faculty (no graduate assistants)
- Credit towards degree offered for some higher level classes (depending on major)
- No TOEFL, IELTS or other proficiency test scores required for undergraduate admission to UNL for students who complete IEP, OEP programs
- Individual advising and coaching to help students succeed
- Student Support Lab offered (individualized tutoring)
- Lincoln, Nebraska was voted #1 U.S. city for quality of life in 2012
- Lincoln, Nebraska was the #5 safest city in the U.S. in 2011
- Much lower cost of living than other cities like Los Angeles, Boston, or New York
What are the requirements to attend the Intensive English Program?
- You must be a high school graduate.
- No previous English proficiency test score is required, but it is is recommended that you have at least an intermediate level of proficiency to join our programs.
How many sessions are offered each year?
What are the costs of your IEP or OEP programs?
- Costs can be found on the PIESL website under Program Costs.
How do I get admitted to the IEP or OEP programs?
What are the application deadlines?
- IEP Summer and Fall semesters – May 1st
- IEP Spring Semester – December 1st
- For OEP deadlines, please visit the OEP program page
How do I send TOEFL scores to Nebraska?
1. Log in to your TOEFL iBT account.
2. Select “Register for a Test/Order Score Reports” from your home page.
3. Click “Service” as the Product Type and click “Continue.”
4. Select the test date and click “Continue.” Search for your score recipient(s) and follow the remaining screen prompts.
5. Request the TOEFL scores be sent from ETS to code 6877.
How do I send IELTS scores to Nebraska?
1. Login to the website of IELTS test center where you took the test.
2. Click “Apply” for additional TRFs at the left side of your result page and fill out an application form online.
3. Choose the delivery method of “Electronic score delivery service.”
4. Send scores to account name: University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
5. Submit your application and pay for it.