The Christian Lieding Intensive English Program (IEP) Completion Scholarship
Beginning fall semester 2023
Beginning in the fall 2023 semester, students who complete their University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) language requirement through the Intensive English Program (IEP) may qualify for a $1,000 scholarship. This one-time award will be applied towards the recipient’s tuition during the next fall or spring semester in which the student is enrolled at UNL.
- Any conditionally admitted undergraduate student who is required to take language courses in the IEP prior to starting their academic program.
- IEP only admitted students qualify if they apply for admission to UNL undergraduate or graduate programs and are accepted for the next fall/spring semester.
- Students must be registered full-time and complete at least one full semester of IEP in good standing (2.0 grade point average or higher) to qualify for the award.
- Students must register full-time for the semester following their completion of the IEP at UNL. (Students who complete IEP in spring semester will have their award applied to the fall semester)
- Students enrolled full-time in the IEP who meet the UNL language requirements through proficiency testing (ELT, TOEFL, IELTS, or DET) but do not maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in the IEP are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Students in the Online English Program (OEP) are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
Students need not apply for the award. The IEP Director sends a list of qualifying students to the UNL Office of Financial Aid after each semester. The award is then directly applied to the student’s UNL account in the next full semester after they have registered for the required number of academic credits (12 credits minimum for undergraduate and 9 credits minimum for graduate students).