Biomedical Research Excellence
Who We Are
- Established in the fall of 2000 under the NIH Institutional Development Award (IDeA) program.
- Combines the expertise of Nebraska’s leading biomedical research institutions: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska Medical Center, and Creighton University.
- Research programs focus on important viral diseases of humans, including HIV-1, Kaposi’s Sarcoma and herpes, as well as viruses within plants and animals.
- Supported by the Center’s four core facilities: Flow Cytometry, Proteomics, Microscopy, and Bioinformatics.
- Faculty engage in mentoring young scientists and students from the U.S. and abroad and seek to attract more researchers to Nebraska.
30th Nebraska Center for Virology Annual Retreat
March 14, 2022
University of Nebraska-Lincoln